Fiji Invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG...just realized that y'all are goingto get to meet one of your FIJI buddies that you haven't met yet :) You two overlap a couple of days with Jay :) How neat!!!! I'm feeling a BXTS Muck photo dive coming on...haha! I have to get that new housing wet!

Sweet! Can't wait to meet - and can hardly wait for June to come. Will be happy to get back in the water and take some photos... my last adventure in Belize resulted in a lot of snapshots and only a few quality keepers. Definitely need more practice.

Also, have any of you that has done a liveaboard before used the patch for seasickness prevention? If so, what were the pros/cons of using it?

We have found that the patch works really well, and aside of the bit (or lot) of dry mouth that is causes we haven't had any real issues with it. At least the dry mouth makes you want to drink lots of water.

The other seasickness method we have had a lot of luck with is ginger pills that you can get from GNC. Believe it or not, it is a natural remedy for nausea and seasickness. You just have to make sure that you start taking it before you are on the boat to get it into your system and then keep taking it the whole week. No known side effects... unless you are allergic to ginger.

Greg & Marie

We'll be arriving on the afternoon of the 17th. I think our flight gets in ~ noon. We're planning on meeting up with BurBunny upstairs in the Bradley International terminal about mid-afternoon.

I can't wait to hear all about your wedding (and see lots of pictures, of course).

Sounds GREAT !
What do you plan on doing for like 12 hours?

We have THE BEST photographer in the WHOLE world !!!!! (Im not even kidding) He almost costs more than the fiji trip...LOL.

Sounds GREAT !
What do you plan on doing for like 12 hours?

We have THE BEST photographer in the WHOLE world !!!!! (Im not even kidding) He almost costs more than the fiji trip...LOL.

I don't know what we'll do the whole time, probably have a few cocktails, for sure. We wanted to be on a direct flight, so less chance for lost luggage, which is why we're arriving so early.

OK, so now I'm really looking forward to seeing some FANTASTIC wedding pictures.

I will be getting in a little later than you guys.....I think Sue and I arrive around the same time....soooo I guess y'all will be ahead of us on the cocktail hour:wink:

Oh yeah 125 days to go

Now you have one less opening because I'm going too. You all have had a long time to prepare for this trip, but it will take me a bit to get up to speed. Any information any of you can about packing, what to expect, what (besides diving) people are looking forward to doing/seeing, that kind of information would be greatly appreciated, so shoot me a PM if you have a minute with any thoughts you might have about what a "noobie" should know. I'd really appreciate it.

Bruce

BTW, what happened to the Wananavu Beach Resort website? Did they forget to renew their domain name registration?

Wow, can you belive it's so close?

Countdown to: Nai'a Liveaboard in Fiji...

42 days 4 hours 26 minutes and 3 seconds

Now you have one less opening because I'm going too. You all have had a long time to prepare for this trip, but it will take me a bit to get up to speed. Any information any of you can about packing, what to expect, what (besides diving) people are looking forward to doing/seeing, that kind of information would be greatly appreciated, so shoot me a PM if you have a minute with any thoughts you might have about what a "noobie" should know. I'd really appreciate it.

Bruce

BTW, what happened to the Wananavu Beach Resort website? Did they forget to renew their domain name registration?

Welcome aboard Bruce! I am so excited that you're going to be joining us! The trip banter e-mails will be starting soon! I can't believe we're almost within the 30 day mark!

we're starting to get antsy...

Welcome Bruce.....so glad you are going with us....I am getting excited....I will start my staging area for everything I am going to take in about 2 wks....less is more:D I usually take more swimsuits than clothes.....socks.....my feet get cold in the salon...liveaboards usually keep that a/c pretty cool.....and since you don't wear shoes socks help....if you take more than one wetsuit a large plastice hanger is nice....there are usually enough hangers on liveaboards but I always take an extra....I cannot think of anything else...

I know we are suppose to visit a Fijian village on one day....and I have heard they ask for school supplies but we haven't been given any info on that yet....I always try to get something for the kids....in addition to school supplies... where ever I visit....I like to order from Oriental Trading....

Oh yeah and we will all need Sulu's...yeah even you guys:wink:

The website seems to be working now Wananavu Beach Resort Accommodation Fiji

If I think of anything else I will pm you......yipee....it is so close I can almost smell the salty air:D

Ann

Back
Top Bottom