Fiji Invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is great. Yeah - we need to get our new housings in the water!! :D

OMG...just realized that y'all are goingto get to meet one of your FIJI buddies that you haven't met yet :) You two overlap a couple of days with Jay :) How neat!!!! I'm feeling a BXTS Muck photo dive coming on...haha! I have to get that new housing wet!

The other hint on the patch is to switch sides. if you use it on the same side the scopolamine builds up. Some find that if they take the meclazine for a few days before and then continue it works better too. (just some free medical advice)

So far all of us have opted for Wananavu :)

On the patch, if you've not used it before, definitely test it *well* before you leave, and for several days. Two of the side effects are dry mouth and blurred vision (it's actually a pre-op drug and pretty potent). Many have no side effects, but I'm definitely one who can't use it. Diving is not the way to find out you have negative effects with it.

I use meclizine (the generic form of non-drowsy Dramamine or Bonine) - take it at night, so any drowsy effects are worn off by morning. I also bring lots of ginger for more of a natural remedy if I get a bit sour stomach. These two keep me good to go!

That is great. Yeah - we need to get our new housings in the water!! :D

I can't wait! Pedro is taking my housing down tomorrow to make sure there are no leaks and to make sure I have everything put together right :) It's a little different than my Ikelite for my old 5050 set-up :)

And jay you know that you, Amber and I are shooting the same camera now! Where's Jim? We need to get him on board for the competition! haha!

Yeah I know - I took the Ike and 60mm macro to Fla a few weeks ago and played a bit. Can't wait to get the seahorses!!

I can't wait! Pedro is taking my housing down tomorrow to make sure there are no leaks and to make sure I have everything put together right :) It's a little different than my Ikelite for my old 5050 set-up :)

Will any of you be in LA the evening of June 16 ? If so maybe we could meet up for dinner? Thinking of Staying at the Ritz in Marina Del Rey, any other suggestions?

We are actually flying out of LA on the 14th so will be sitting on the beach by then.

Congrats! What a honeymoon you are going to have can't wait to celebrate with you.

Will any of you be in LA the evening of June 16 ? If so maybe we could meet up for dinner? Thinking of Staying at the Ritz in Marina Del Rey, any other suggestions?

We'll be arriving on the afternoon of the 17th. I think our flight gets in ~ noon. We're planning on meeting up with BurBunny upstairs in the Bradley International terminal about mid-afternoon.

I can't wait to hear all about your wedding (and see lots of pictures, of course).

Back
Top Bottom