Fiji Invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm hoping to get more information on this too. I don't want to be "giftless" where we arrive for a village visit.

I think that they suggest school supplies.....Amber said she would include this information soon.... I always like to bring a little extra for the kids something fun like candy or a small toy..

I get in around 5:00pm...

As for meeting up in the LAX airport, I'll give everyone an idea of where to find us (the exact location will depend on where we can stake out space), and my cell number (by email for obvious reasons). Included will be information on how to check in for the flight - please don't do so before coming upstairs to the group.
Good thing to know.

BurBunny:
Three weeks from tomorrow!!!
And I still don't have a real mask. I don't want to dive my backup, it's PINK. :yuck:

Good thing to know.

And I still don't have a real mask. I don't want to dive my backup, it's PINK. :yuck:

You know me...I love pink!

I'll take your back-up and trade you my back-up mask...it's stealth black...with pink lenses :rofl3:

I think Martha and I get into LAX before everyone else, we will be the couple with three burnt-orange colored soft sided suitcases.

have been out of town, you've all been pretty chatty in the last week or so!

so let's see what I can say: Oh yeah, if I REALLY dive my ass off, I MIGHT do my 200th dive while we're there... not sure about that though, because, like Ann, I decided that (at my AGE!) it would be smarter to rest up after crossing the international dateline, rather than immediately doing land-based diving... which Amber is taunting us with by saying we'll regret turning it down. nope, not gonna look back, I've made my choice! (gulp. I think)

I, too, will be camera-less on the dives... I think. maybe. I DO have an Olympus 4040, and a housing, but have long since given up on being an UW photog... especially since I will have lots of really good photogs around who will of course be HAPPY to share some photos with me for my travel album later. RIGHT??? On the other hand, maybe I should bring the housing anyway. Just in case.

As to seeing a manta while the photographers are busy - I for one intend to MAKE SURE that at least one photographer sees something like that, or they will all claim we're making it up.

And JAKE!!! damn you, you should be going with us! If it weren't for your sister's wedding, I'd say meet us in Fiji - how hard can it be to get there from Thailand?? Oh well, it sounds like you're doing great things there, so I'll forgive you.

Must almost be time to start thinking about packing....

yeah I thought they were making up the one that they saw on the T&C Aggressor until I saw it on the video.....and I am still not sure they didn't photoshop that one in:D damn I wished I would have seen that one....where was I:confused:

let the packing begin.....woo hoo 19 days.....

As to seeing a manta while the photographers are busy - I for one intend to MAKE SURE that at least one photographer sees something like that, or they will all claim we're making it up.

Exactly! The rule is if there's no picture, it didn't happen.

And if there IS a picture... well, WHIF SIF! (What Happens in Fiji STAYS in Fiji!)

Back
Top Bottom