Fiji Bligh Waters Ra Divers to service Volivoli Beach Resort Exclusively

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To RA Divers credit... During our visit to Wananavu we had the pleasure of diving with the younger Darling son.( sorry..his name escapes me) He happened to be on the boat going out to the Bligh waters with us . He told us who he was and we mentioned that we really wanted to do 3 dives out at the Bligh the next day. He made that happen! He also invited us to visit Voli Voli resort and then he gave us a personal tour when we took a hike over there on our last day at Wananavu. It does have nice rooms with good views. He is a very personable young man and he did help us out with going out to the Bligh! We still like the feel of Wananavu better and our stay there was FABULOUS! The service was amazing! That is why we booked a return trip. We just hope that the diving is equal to our time before when we dove with RA divers. Hope this helps!???

Bula!
We had a great time in Fiji staying at Wananavu June 21-30, 2011. The resort is beautiful and all of the employees are very friendly and attentive. Reef Safari Diving is the company that is now providing the dive operation for Wananavu. They have a shop right on the resort. It is being run by Kristin and Jeremy, a couple from Colorado. They are very professional and helpful. The dive shop has only been open for a month and it is still working out some of the logistics. We were there as part of a group of 18 divers and they had a hard time handling all of us. They had to borrow weights from other resorts and did not have a boat big enough to accommodate us. They had to split us up between 3 boats. There were two little (fishing) boats that took 4 or 5 of us and one larger (still made for fishing) boat that took 9 of us. Only the larger boat could make it to the Bligh Waters so we alternated days on the boats. A larger boat that is supposed to arrive next week and they have another boat being built for them. All of the dive/boat crew were excellent. They took great care of us and our gear. The crew are knowledgeable of the reefs (one of them could find the dive sites by lining up landmarks) and pointed out many interesting things. They are striving to be a full-service dive shop. They set up and wash and store your gear for you so you do not have to lug it up to your room. In the evenings they sometimes held slideshow presentations about the reefs. I would definitely go back in a few months when they are fully outfitted.

Bula!
We had a great time in Fiji staying at Wananavu June 21-30, 2011. The resort is beautiful and all of the employees are very friendly and attentive. Reef Safari Diving is the company that is now providing the dive operation for Wananavu. They have a shop right on the resort. It is being run by Kristin and Jeremy, a couple from Colorado. They are very professional and helpful. The dive shop has only been open for a month and it is still working out some of the logistics. We were there as part of a group of 18 divers and they had a hard time handling all of us. They had to borrow weights from other resorts and did not have a boat big enough to accommodate us. They had to split us up between 3 boats. There were two little (fishing) boats that took 4 or 5 of us and one larger (still made for fishing) boat that took 9 of us. Only the larger boat could make it to the Bligh Waters so we alternated days on the boats. A larger boat that is supposed to arrive next week and they have another boat being built for them. All of the dive/boat crew were excellent. They took great care of us and our gear. The crew are knowledgeable of the reefs (one of them could find the dive sites by lining up landmarks) and pointed out many interesting things. They are striving to be a full-service dive shop. They set up and wash and store your gear for you so you do not have to lug it up to your room. In the evenings they sometimes held slideshow presentations about the reefs. I would definitely go back in a few months when they are fully outfitted.
thank you for the information ! We are a large group as well but we don't arrive until the 2nd week in October so hopefully they will be up and running by then! We will keep our fingers crossed!

Bula All,

Firstly let me thank all of you for your comments, Fiji is an amazing place for a diving holiday with our pristine reef systems.

Secondly I want to let you know that I am one of the owners of Volivoli Beach Resort and Ra Divers. THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT SIMPLY AN UPDATE.

I like to keep an eye on what people think about our business so that I can make the appropriate adjustments and I see scuba board as a great way to do that. I have noticed people mentioning the ladders and the general dislike of the NZ design we used initialy. The way we do business is we sit and talk to our guests aswell so hearing and reading about the dislike for our ladders has helped me realise I needed to re designed a new one. The new ladder is huge and very easy to use. I have gone for a single large double ladder in the center of the boat. There are 3 rails on the new ladder with one on either side and one in the center. The overall width of the ladder is 1200mm or just over 3ft. I have also added another step at the bottom making it easier to get on to the first step. Another coment that had been made was that the grab rail at the top was to far away and most people could not reach it easily. When we were fitting the new ladder I had a pole welded on either side of the ladder at the very back so once you are half way up you can pull yourself up very easily till you are standing on the back plattform.

I have attached a picture of the new ladder so you can see it for yourself.

I hope this update helps out. We are looking forward to diving with you all again soon.

Kind regards

Nick darling

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 88
Bula ScubaBoard I know this post is a bit old but just wanted to introduce ourselves and get rid of any confusion there might be. From 2000-2011 the scuba diving at Wananavu Beach Resort was contracted out to other companies (Ra Divers, Reef Safari’s, Kaiviti Divers, etc.). Due to unfavorable comments the owner of Wananavu said enough is enough and created Dive Wananavu in June of 2012. Under the Wananavu umbrella our goal is to provide our dive guests the same level of service on the dive boat as they receive in the resort, maybe even better.

Some of the complaints in this thread have been addressed in developing the business plan for Dive Wananavu (for more specifics you can view our FAQ page on our website) and we hope to impress all our guests with our full product of the resort, the dive operation and of course Mother Nature herself, our incredible diving out in the Vatu-I-Ra passage, AKA the Bligh Water.

Jeremy and Kristen David were the Dive Managers from June thru October and did a good job with the transition from contract to entity and now Dive Wananavu is being managed by Chris and Vicky Liles who have more than 15 years combined experience working full-time in the dive travel industry around the world.

If you would like to know more about Dive Wananavu Fiji, Chris and Vicky or Wananavu Beach Resort please visit our website Fiji SCUBA Diving with Dive Wananavu Fiji - the real fiji

Cheers,
Chris and Vicky Liles and the entire Dive Wananavu crew
Fiji SCUBA Diving with Dive Wananavu Fiji - the real fiji
www.facebook.com/divewananavufiji

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom