FG Spree trip 7/16-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee,

You're right about about the rough seas. It usually calls for more aggressive measures when making that transition from fish-person back to land-person.
With the extra clips, you can leave the fins straps attached on the fins and use these extra clips to carry your fins while you walk - unless your BC rings put the fins too far forward and they bump into your knees when you move around.
Oh well, it's not perfect. I guess it would be better if we never had to get out of the water :)

Later,
Frank

The Kracken:
For my own edification, what is a "ladder ride"?

In preparation of taking a ladder ride, while hanging onto the ladder rope, I will take my left fin off with my right hand and slide the fin strap over my right wrist.

I will repeat this step with my right fin and left hand resulting in my fins hanging off my wrists and both hands free.

I will try to find the pattern the waves are taking but occasionally fail. If I discover the pattern I can catch the lull and climb the ladder without getting dunked repeatedly while clinging to the ladder.

If I fail I will get both feet on the ladder and ride the ladder while doing a fair rendition of Irish washerwoman, playing the part of the article of clothing being washed.

I find my seacure handy as I am trying to bite it in two while holding my regulator in my mouth with my teeth.

When the dunking action lulls, I will complete my climb up the ladder.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom