FF Pro first impressions (vs Go Sport and SuperChannel)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob I think those fins in the pictures are what I ultimately had....what are they called? Can you still get them?
Thank You.yes we make Force Fins each day. The Extra Force is a real winner for power with winglets to control rocking side to side due to longer length. Vortex Generators to assist water flow on the back side. Scalloped ends to direct flow. EXTRA FORCE FIN - Force Fin The real favorite of the TEK divers is the Excellerating Force Fin.
ff-34-clean-resized.jpg
All Force Fins are made in black now. Tan Delta cost of material just went to high to even make sense, as it is all our products are at the highest end. But we do it right here in America with the best team. You get what you pay for. EXCELLERATING FORCE FIN - Force Fin

WOW View attachment 638162 ,kind of sounds like we cut the muster? Noticed the white bungee straps that were made over twenty years ago. So the pair of Force fins you tested were over 20 years old. I will say today's production in our Pennsylvania Plant brings the highest standards in our 40 year history. But thanks for your honest testing. I do appreciate.
I thought they might be an older pair because the color is pretty dull. But the body of the fins are perfect. No cracks or ripples. I guess there's a reason for the price tag :)

BTW, it came with the box so I know the bungees were original equipment. The
copyright date on the box is 1989. But I have a question about the color. Was it anything like the lime green on the sticker?

IMG_20210123_181629404.jpg

Edit: The original instruction sheet is inside the box. Copyright date on that is 1996.

Holly smokes 31 years, and this faded sticker was once Neon Yellow. Again Thank you. Mark Oliver Designs made the Award winning box. What a time with over 600 dealers. Went Up to 1.8 Million in sales one year, Then the Dive Press took their "stinging effect" on sales with FAKE fin test. That is why I appreciate your fair testing. Maybe get you into a new pair of some thing that might bite the bullet. At this point I can do anything that is fun and keep on top with a Great American SD-1 Military Proof of Concept Fins - Force Fin
IMG_4639-fw.jpg
Company

Hi @lowwall
And then there is the need for reserve power, when needed. I spend the majority of my time leisurely frog kicking with my XTs, expending very little energy. However, occasionally, on one of the SE FL wrecks, swimming across the reef or against a current pulling on or off the reef, considerable power is required for a short or prolonged period. My XTs give me all the power I can muster, not at all sure my FFs could do that. I have dived with a couple of folks in FL who rate the Scubapro Go Sports more highly than you do. I have not dived them. I will give my FF Pros another run.
Taking this in reverse order. The Go Sports are fine. I guess after all the gushing reviews, I expected more. They were certainly better than the floppy Mares Volos that were foisted on me by the dive shop where I took my original classes. But they don't compare to the SuperChannel full foots in power and while the Go Sports are shorter, they are also wider and thicker so they don't save much luggage space.

Both the Go Sports and Pro Force Fins can crank it up if needed. I'm probably being unfair by comparing them to a former (and possibly current as no one is publishing instrumented tests anymore) best in class scuba fin for power.

Bob, it's an honor to interact with a great American inventor and craftsman.

I wish I could dive enough to justify to myself the cost of your more advanced fins, but I think the Pros will do fine for my current needs.

By the way, a few days ago my 7-year-old daughter was very excited to tell me that she had found my "funny new fins" on YouTube. She had somehow discovered Jonathan Bird's Blue World videos and had recognized the Force Fins in the intro. I've watched several of the videos with her and if your fins can handle a guy in a drysuit pushing that massive camera housing around, they can certainly handle anything I'm going to do with them.

Bob, it's an honor to interact with a great American inventor and craftsman.

I wish I could dive enough to justify to myself the cost of your more advanced fins, but I think the Pros will do fine for my current needs.

By the way, a few days ago my 7-year-old daughter was very excited to tell me that she had found my "funny new fins" on YouTube. She had somehow discovered Jonathan Bird's Blue World videos and had recognized the Force Fins in the intro. I've watched several of the videos with her and if your fins can handle a guy in a drysuit pushing that massive camera housing around, they can certainly handle anything I'm going to do with them.
It's Ken Loyst Birthday today. Years and years ago he published Discover Diving, He was a fair in his fin test and also Dale Sheckler of California Diving News. Dive Training was also fair but never did fin test.
fin_sizes-fw.jpg
Nature and Design: Bob Evans

I must be a sleep at the wheel. Looked up Go Sport fin and now I get it. My dear friends. Very long story. But my Winglet patents ran out some time ago. Was wondering when they would start to pick up on the idea. But guess what I can help you AMP up the Force with a kit that might just fit right in the right spot. Let me put a kit together for you. No charge, just like to share what we were doing over 30 years ago. Noticed the foot pocket on Go fins is starting to collapse down, this is what happens with lesser quality materials. Be interest to test these fins 31 years from ? Again thanks. Best, Bob
hh-8.jpg

Attachments

• hh-9.jpg
    hh-9.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 89
  • u-27-clean-resized.jpg
    u-27-clean-resized.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 85
I'd be more than happy to install the kit and report back.

I have a long history with my Friends at Scua...Goes back a long way. Even did the Photography for their catalogues. Big Jim Christiansenhttps://divingalmanac.com/christiansen-jim/ gave me first pair of Jet Fins in 1966 or so. Dove with them for over 20 years. Jim's daughter Vicki worked with us for a long time. She helped us grow. So it's family. Dick Anderson was a close friend and Mentor. Dick Anderson Effect - Force Fin
forcefin-scans131-fw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom