Few Questions on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure you were at least partially equalizing. 3 ATM differential on your eardrums would have ripped them to shreds.

Well the ENT said I was partially equalizing with mucus and blood and such. Maybe some air? I know they NEVER sqeeked or squealed. I guess I was a little lucky.

Spend a couple weeks after not hearing well. I know. DA.....

Generic fluticasone (Flonase) is available by prescription too. On many insurances it's 1st tier co-pay.

Can some one explain what ear plugs do for you while diving? Are they used for pressure issues or for something else?

Generic fluticasone (Flonase) is available by prescription too. On many insurances it's 1st tier co-pay.

Can some one explain what ear plugs do for you while diving? Are they used for pressure issues or for something else?

Cool. Let the plan pay.

The ear plug theory, I think is they have a tiny hole in the center and are supposed to slow the pressure change in the ear? Read it here: Proplugs

You won't find me using any ear plugs.

I have allergies and am always on an antihistamine. I'm allergic to mold, which can be a problem in most rooms in dive resorts. I take pseudoephedrine in the am, and also Afrin am. Afrin only once a day, not at night. Allergist said that was ok to do for a week. Many dives we do just don't allow for an easy, slow descent because of the currents.

In case it is not obvious to some readers, the ear plugs that were recommended are specifically made for diving. I you just stick normal ear plugs in your ears while diving, the results will be very, very bad.

I've not read the 5 pages previous to this...
Yes, Get a private DM for your gal pal. A good DM will teach more than just equalization. Money well spent IMO.
I have season allergies, take Loratadine (Claritin) daily year round. I've visited my ENT for equalization issues in the past and he told me it is not safe for anyone to dive, but if I continued dive he advised me to use Nasacort or Flonase for the week before diving, then every morning while diving. I tend to get angry ears after a few days dives. While explaining my pains to Sallye on the boat she had me try one Ibuprofen one morning. Wow! I no longer have to take the Nasacort in the morning while diving and I'm forever grateful for the suggestion. I'm thinking the plane ride down tends to mess with my sinus' then they just continue to get inflamed while diving. Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory. The Ibuprofen works for Joe. Many thanks to Doctor Sallye!!!
YMMV

I take Zyrtec daily, but that only helps with allergy symptoms....I am going to take Flonase and a sudafed in addition starting 1-2 weeks before to get my sinuses and ETs in good order.

I take Zyrtec daily, but that only helps with allergy symptoms....I am going to take Flonase and a sudafed in addition starting 1-2 weeks before to get my sinuses and ETs in good order.

Holy COW. I watched the video and adjusted the spraying. That was alot more tingle!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom