Fenzy question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J.R.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I just recently scored a Fenzy "BC" complete with cylinder on e-bay... besides having the cylinder hydroed... does anybody have any maintenance guidance on these things? Is there any known 'documentation' for them out there... or a good source of history?

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance...

The cylinder does not require hydro since it is under 2" (this is per the DOT requirements). Most hydro stations can't take expansion measurements accurate enough to get good results. You do need to do a good VIP. Many of this cylinders have lots of rust inside since they could accidentally be totally emptied while in use.

I have used a Fenzy since 1971, but I don't have any particular documentation. Let me know if you have any particular question.

Yeah, the cylinder should be opened up to make sure it is not full of rust, pits, etc.
Many of them were not kept dry as Luis stated. I would do that before pressurizing it.

Cool... luckily I work at a dive shop so VIP is *almost* a DIY project... ;-) ... just need that pesky paperwork...

Thanks for the input...

There is the manual on the Aqualung Military site for the current version.

Aqualung com/military/datasheets html

System won't let me post links but you should be able to figure it out. replace spaces with periods and add www in the front.

Thanks for the additional leads... gives me an idea too... I think I'll try contacting AquaLung and see if they have anything in their archives....

I'd LOVE to be able to get a new bottle. The X4, unfortunately, is a poor copy of a "real" Fenzy. It's a dual-bag atrocity with a urethane cover and a polyurethane inner bag.

Wow... just got through comparing my Fenzy to the X4... they're VERY similiar... lots of very little differences... but not much major...

... thanks guys...

(... well, OK.... not poly... ;-)

Trust me, the difference in material is MAJOR.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom