Female Diver Missing on The Yukon, San Diego

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's been over 5 weeks now and we still don't have good info, which is required to really learn from these accidents.

Depending on how the investigation is progressing I would wager that good info might be something we might not get in the end. If there is any kind of liability involved, as opposed to the case being ruled as a pure accidental death, the facts about what happened, what went wrong and who was at fault might very well take a long time, if ever, to surface outside of the circles of those directly involved.

There are six different agencies currently investigating
US Coast Guard
US Marine Corps JAG
US Naval NCIS
San Diego Coroners Office
San Diego Police Department
Scripps Oceanographic Institute San Diego,
Until those reports are done everything else is hearsay and conjecture, She has been around the commercial diving field since the age of 10, she is 26 however she only began her dive certifications within the last year. she weighed 115 Lbs no fat worth mentioning, her last USMC physical in October she scored 299 of a possible 300, her weights were dropped and her tank was empty, there were two divemasters each with two students, that is as much factual information available right now.

Last edited:
It is tragic to read about this young & in shape diver that was lost at this dive site. Authorities should do their utmost to get true accounts of what went wrong - we learn every day as we swim along - well i do.

Hopefully the dive bud will shed more light on it.

I once ran out of air due to my inexperience- my dive bud saved the day for me then.

It is tragic to read about this young & in shape diver that was lost at this dive site. Authorities should do their utmost to get true accounts of what went wrong - we learn every day as we swim along - well i do.

Hopefully the dive bud will shed more light on it.

I once ran out of air due to my inexperience- my dive bud saved the day for me then.

I agree. Unfortunately some believe the information is personal and confidential and we're just rubbernecking. I disagree. I see the analogy as when a plane crashes; you want to know what the cause was before getting on the same plane. I do the same kind of dive and want to know I'm not repeating the mistakes if any.

Where would a person look to find official reports regarding scubadiving related accidents ? All of these incidents are reported to be investigated etc - does any one follow up on it to get answers if it doesn't end up in court ?

Or is it too personal to be open to the public ?

Scripps Institute reported no malfunction in the gear.

Scripps Institute reported no malfunction in the gear.

Can you share how you found that information? Is this available to the public?

Back
Top Bottom