Feedback on Waterproof Taurus suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am starting to think ahead to winter diving this year, when water temps in southern Australia drop to about 55 degrees F. Typically I do shore dives of around an hour. I have been considering the Waterproof Taurus suit (7mm), which looks suitable for this kind of use. It has some drysuit features, although not a fully fledged drysuit. Does anyone on this forum use this suit & have an opinion about it?

Data point: last year I dived through winter in a 6mm + 2mm vest. It worked OK but I'd get cold towards the end of a dive. So this year I am looking to either a high-end semidry or perhaps taking the leap into a drysuit. I am hesitant to go the drysuit route mainly because I wouldn't use it more than three months of the year.

Thanks for your comments.

Hey Phil, welcome to SB. The leap to diving dry is less of a leap than you think. It's been my experience that once you've dived a drysuit, you won't want to dive anyother way. I use my drysuit throughout the year, I just wear less of an undergarmet during the summer. You can definately enjoy warm water diving in a drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom