February in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks...I heard the south is getting some snow, my husband is in Mississippi and just got 2 inches of snow this morning.
I am a little nervous because the flight does not show up as a flight that can be booked thru Delta or any other booking service. Delta insists that the flight is sold out and that is the reason. Airlines have not been know to be honest or forthcoming so its easy to become suspicious of almost anything they say. The good news is that Delta emailed conformation of a complementary upgrade to first class!
I don't know if I had to make the choice between oral surgery and diving in Cozumel I would have chosen the surgery. Hope it goes well.

Being sold out, your flight is paid for already, so if I were you, I wouldn't give its cancellation another thought. Of course, I'm not you, so your mileage may vary. :D
Once they are sold out, Delta takes them off the reservations pages. On DL TravelNet, the flight is shown as regularly scheduled and full.

I would rather go to CZM than surgery, too, but I do like time to heal and be comfortable in the process. If I don't have to worry with rushing back to work, all the better, Flights got crazy- expensive early, so I figured it must be a sign.
I'll just have to do a 5-day CZM trip next month or wait out Roatan in April - and Cozumel this summer.
And yes, I am trying to convince myself, too!

We missed the dinner tonite at Casa Denis. Havent been feeling well, and ended up not making the dinner. Sorry to all that went...although it was so windy out with the Norte blowing in, not sure how many made it.

We didn't think of the Cancun option in time and rebooked our flights for Sunday. Not sure if flights to Cancun were cancelled - I was told they pretty much closed the airport due to the snow. We had to fly out of Newburgh NY to do that; everything from NY to Atlanta on Delta was sold out for sunday morning. They wanted us to fly to Atlanta this morning and wait there until Sunday! Small consolation; first class to Coz from ATL. The sad part was that our flight to Coz this morning was scheduled to depart at 11:00 a.m. and the flights were cancelled preemptively due to the expected snow; none had fallen, not a flake, by 2:00 p.m.. 20 minutes to get Delta on the phone is far better than last night - i waited for over an hour.

Better 6 nights in Coz than nothing - and we gotta get away from the snow in NJ! One more day to wait, and hope nothing else goes wrong, lol

We didn't think of the Cancun option in time and rebooked our flights for Sunday. Not sure if flights to Cancun were cancelled - I was told they pretty much closed the airport due to the snow. We had to fly out of Newburgh NY to do that; everything from NY to Atlanta on Delta was sold out for sunday morning. They wanted us to fly to Atlanta this morning and wait there until Sunday! Small consolation; first class to Coz from ATL. The sad part was that our flight to Coz this morning was scheduled to depart at 11:00 a.m. and the flights were cancelled preemptively due to the expected snow; none had fallen, not a flake, by 2:00 p.m.. 20 minutes to get Delta on the phone is far better than last night - i waited for over an hour.

Better 6 nights in Coz than nothing - and we gotta get away from the snow in NJ! One more day to wait, and hope nothing else goes wrong, lol

Did you fly from Newburgh to Cozumel??

Naw - I wish it was a direct flight. Newburgh to Atlanta Sunday at 7 am then Atlanta to Coz Sunday at 11 am. Since Newburgh is nearly a 2 hour drive, we head to the airport at 3 am. Nothing direct to Coz from NY/Newark except an occasional charter. Continental has a direct flight back from Coz to Newark but it alway seems too costly.

Sal, thanks for your kind thoughts. Hope all goes well for you on Monday - and at least traveling in April you won't have to worry about snow closing the airports (just high winds, tornados - I guess ya never know). Utila in April last year was perfect with plentiful whale sharks to be seen. We'll be in Puerto Adventuras taking the Carvern course in the cenotes first week of April.

One more day to wait...

We missed the dinner tonite at Casa Denis. Havent been feeling well, and ended up not making the dinner. Sorry to all that went...although it was so windy out with the Norte blowing in, not sure how many made it.

You were missed & I hope you're feeling better today. There were 6 of us -- a nice evening of shared photos, funny stories, knowledge of cameras & Cozumel. Catch ya next time, OK?

I am finally home from my week in Cozumel. Weather in Charlotte caused us to totally miss our flight in LGA. The result was that we needed to find a hotel with shuttle in NYC...no notice and rebook for today at NOON.. ugh. Better than the several days other people who missed connections were looking at.

Cozumel was so fun! What beautiful diving and wildlife to be seen.. Can't wait to go back. It was also really great meeting and diving with Gene and his family!

OK - so we have now had to cancel our trip entirely. After heading to a non-local airport this morning at 3:30 am to make our re-scheduled flight we were told at our scheduled flight time of 7:00 am that the crew of the plane had gotten in late from a flight last night, and that due to FAA crew rest regulations, the plane could not fly until 8:45 am. Of course, this would not get us to our connection in Atlanta in time, nor could any alternate flight to Atlanta be found, nor could any combination of flights to Cozumel be put together prior to 2/16 at midnight. Even Cancun as an option was unavailable today. Meanwhile I'm out over $200 in carfare (back and forth) to get to a flight that should have been shown as delayed last night, not to mention the money lost on the hotel, etc.

Thank you soooo much Delta for not informing your passengers of an inevitable delay until flight time. I hope everyone enjoys Carnival, and we will have to try to rebook for next year :(

Oh! I am so sorry your trip fell through.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom