February ABWA dive and dine 14th and 15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI:

ABWA is now closed on Sunday's due to winter lack of business. They will start back on their regular summer schedule in April. I know some people were planning on diving both days the 14th and the 15th. Mr. Wayne might be willing to open that specific Sunday the 15th if enough people commit to diving.

That just sucks....I love diving on Sundays, because it means I don't have to drive an hour to ABWA right after getting off work (which is what I have to do on Saturdays).

However, my budget and my boyfriend (oops, fiance') are saying "yippee" because it means that I won't be gone all weekend :)

Oooh! We should do a bit of a Valentines' theme on February 14th...I bet I can find some Valentine's decorations to adorn my gear with, and maybe we could sink something, with a free entrance fee or air fill going to the person who finds it (kind of like the "free air fill" wiffle balls sunk at Madison quarry). I'd pay for the free entrance fee or air fill, if it meant being able to drum up some business for ABWA during their "slow" season.

BTW, I love the hoodies! For one of those, I'll definitely dive in a bikini :wink:

Fiance' and Valentines....someone is in love. Congratulations!! :)

Thanks so much! He's just a fantastic guy, except for the annoying fact that he's a non-diver (something I'm hoping to change this summer :wink:)

However, he's very tolerant of my diving, even going so far as to hang out with me on occasion when I spend the day at ABWA, and drive me to/from Vortex when I know I'll be too tired to drive myself.

We've never been all that into Valentine's Day, though, so he really doesn't mind a bit that I'll be gone diving all day :D

Good fellow. Sounds like mine. :) He is very tolerant of my addiction he just isn't interested in diving himself.

Thanks so much! He's just a fantastic guy, except for the annoying fact that he's a non-diver (something I'm hoping to change this summer :wink:)
You should bring him too. My wife loves hanging around all of my dive buddys. She is great too. She even went to Bonaire with me.
Good fellow. Sounds like mine. :) He is very tolerant of my addiction he just isn't interested in diving himself.
I have met him, He is a good fellow, after all, He does not mind if you hang out with the likes of us.

Snep! I am always running around like a crazy person with work/school/road trips, but I will be there with cornbread for chili(? still chili right?). I will be coming solo unless I can coerce Megan into storming over as well. If o.k. and Kathy will be around, I will probably bake and bring over the day before so I can join for the "Valentine Freezefest" which I think will have nothing on what it was like in D.C. last week....brrr....their water was ridiculous b/c it was frozen. I even saw a fish that froze in the top of the water and figured he got so cold he committed suicide...don't blame the poor soul. Anyway, I will bring booze/etc but let me know if there's anything else we need. I can't wait to see everyone!

:crafty: Kristal

I think you got it covered.

BK, I think some plastic wear,ie forks, spoons,bowls,plates, whatever would be nice of ya to bring. Cant ever have to much of that stuff at a party. Plus whatever adult beverges you prefer.

Denise, isn't it great that our husbands treat us so well throughout the year that they don't have to make it up to us on Valentine's Day. I sent Snep to Costa Rica last year and spent Valentine's Day alone. Looking forward having everyone over after diving...should I say freezing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom