FEB 05 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_Jan:
hmmmm... checking the temp on my Sunnto, it states 73 degrees F. IS that possible???

Ummmmm....No it is not possible. Perhaps its time for a Sunto service call :wink:

Diver_Jan:
Hopefully the rain will go away so we can continue diving for the weekend!!!
OK, Ann Marie, I think this week's absolutely MOST optimistic diver in the Wrinkles community can now be recognized.....Jan, it's definitely you!!!!
I'm still hoping to get out on the Sundiver tomorrow, but I'll wait to pack until later today...much later, 'cause "That" phone call may come....

Well Claudette, our boat got called. Tried to get to Catalina via the express, but since it poured, and John eneded up being pretty ill, we skipped diving all together. I did manage to finish my Nitrox exam and passed.

We will see what this week brings...I think the earliest, Redondo on Wednesday perhaps.

Okay, I kinda did a dive today. It was in my swimming pool. Water was cold, like 55 degrees or something. The side of my face that wasn't covered by my hood or mask started to hurt it was so cold.

So anyway, I checked my BCD for leaks, and made sure all my air dump valves were working. Also simulated a stuck BC inflator, and practiced disconnecting and reconnecting my inflator hose. Then practiced mask removal underwater and swimming around with it off, then putting it back on and clearing it. Did that a bunch of times. Also switched from my reg to the octopus a few times. Noticed that my reg is a little bit more difficult to breathe when I'm looking up at the surface.

It was cool looking up and seeing the raindrops hitting the surface. After that I swam around a bit on the bottom. I saw a worm.

Jim,

What happened to the rest of your dive report? :D

Bottom Time:
Max Depth:
Vis:
Wave height:
Tide information:

Christian

Dive Report: Shaw's Cove- North Laguna Beach

Surf: MAJOR 4-6'
Swells: BIG
Surge: Turbulent
Viz: Squat

Once we got past all of the rocks, fallen trees, bamboo, TRASH, we headed out over the top of the arch. No viz to speak of. Turbulent, washing machine effect. Lots and lots of sea foam, everywhere, in addition to sewage run off. Pour sea anemones were closef shut not wanting any of the brown water to even get near them. I swear that I could hear them gasping for clean water (or lack of).

I was saddened to see the devastion of our local beaches that the storms have/ are creating as I type this. Maybe those divers that aren't going to the Catalina Cleanup can/ will come to the local beaches this weekend to help clean up locally.

From the top of the reef, I could see that the brown sludge goes out for about 2 miles. I really think it will be some time before any of us will be able to get back into the water. I know just seeing the disgusting brown water, it has turned my stomach and my thinking. Thankfully I was on top of the reef and not IN the water today! Didn't stop the surfers though.

Jim,
Two observations, one, were you diving Solo? Say it isn't so Jim. You could have called and I would have been you buddy for the dive in you pool (man, am I desperate for a dive or what).

Two. that countdown thing is just plain cruel. Cool, but cruel.

Yes, I was diving solo. And afterwards I ran around the house holding a pair of scissors.

Back
Top Bottom