FDX 10 Orientation - Atom 2 Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeminwy

New
Reaction score
Well, I am still fumbling with my new equipment (in a fun way...thanks Santa). Besides the Atom 2.0 I got the FDX 10 Delta 4 combo. In setting up the FDX 10 are there any strong thought on UP vs Down Orientation of the primary. I understand with a down position my profile may be smaller but with this set up I will have a transmitter on the primary which will stick up...so I don't know if the profile differrence is that significant. Besides the primary seems pretty compact anyway.

Does it make a significant difference in regards to the transmitter signal quality? Accessibility to hoses?....

Are there any functional differences to consider as well. I am a relatively new diver (less than 30 dives). Next month I plan to get in at least 30 - 50 dives whiles traveling in Malaysia/Indonesia/Philippines for a month. I would like to get the set up right before I go.

Congrats on your new gear! I have the vt pro and love it. However, you will probalby be home from your dive trip before Oceanic responds to your thread. Their interest in their thread seems to me minimal.

You might want to post this question in the computers and gauges section for more responses in a timely manner.

Good Luck!

I am typically a fan of positioning my first stage 'down' for the lowest profile. The FDX-10 is an exception - at least for me. One of the benfits of this first stage is that he HP and LP ports are angled for optimum positioning of hoses. The second stage and inflator hoses are directed forward and the Hp is angled down and forward to direct your console (if you're using one).

As far as the transmitter - the fist stage orientation should not have an effect. However, I would agree that the transmitter angled up leaves it exposed to potential damage or a well-meaning divemaster grabbing it to move your tank.

Hope this helps - enjoy it, and let us know if you have any other questions once you get it in the water.

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom