Fdog Review: the AquaCat Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the great trip report. What a great read. I have never been on a liveaboard, but after reading this I will consider it for next years trip.

James, I nominate you for the "best review of anything scuba-related" award for all time! As usual, your review is thorough and beautifully illustrated. NOBODY writes reviews like yours!

Please keep us in the loop if you are really considering a long trip. This looks like it would be a ball.

Lynne,
We are definitely serious about putting a 2 week trip together. We need 20 people to make it work. We'll keep you posted. I would love to see the AQ's dive deck filled with scooters!

Janet

If you are truely serious about a two week trip please add me to your list. I am always looking for longer liveaboard trips. Looked at doing the Spree this year but at 6 days of diving as the longest trip they do it is hard to justify the flight costs from the west coast. A two week trip would be just about right. Am off for a three week trip at the end of March, but that is 12 days liveaboard and then 8 days in Lembeh diving from a land resort. Two weeks sometime next winter would be perfect.

James,

Excellent review. I've done the AC twice, 2006 & 2008, both were excellent trips except I noted a distinct decrease in reef fish life in that period. Probably due to the lionfish that were greatly increasing in numbers in the mid-2000s. Please comment on that aspect of the trip.

I have also done many LA and the AC sets the standard in many ways, esp. crew, cleanliness and camera table.

Depending on timing, I'd be interested in a longer trip next year to the southern Bahamas.

Well done!

Harry

Great review. I was on the AC for my honeymoon last November. My wife who was certified the summer before has told me she is not interested in going on any LA that does not meet the standard set by the AC. The good news is she is all in for going back to the AC every 5 years for our anniversary.

awesome trip report, I passed on an AC trip a little while back in favor of a different trip. I won't make the same mistake twice :)

Great trip report. I love the Aquacat and crew. This May will be my 10th trip on the Aquacat. It is my favorite livaboard with respect to the boat and crew. Too bad they don't have one in Palau! The diving in the Exumas is pretty good though. Glad you had a good time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom