Favorite restaurants in Cozumel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, Moss. You managed to unfriendly friendly it his first post ever to SB. I am thinking we need to make you Sec of State. Your diplomacy is top notch.
If I were Secretary of State we wouldn't have to spend so much money invading other countries, they'd invade us and save us billions :)

Actually, it sounds like you and mstevens are burnt out control freaks and should take a break from SB. There are many others who provide as valuable info without all the critical drama. If you have an internet addiction and are unable to stop yourself from reading posts that do not interest you, then you should get help, not blame other for your stress. Mstevens post on airfare was a waste but nobody criticized him. Your post is aggressive and not at all useful. Start your own Scuba board if you can not kindly share this one.
Step back and let truly kind giving people try to help.

Psssssssst! <sotto voce> It was a joke.

How about the old French Quarter, now Casa Cuzimil? They do a GREAT lunch of the day. Love eating on the breezy upstairs.

Too much food to eat on the lunch special with a drink for $8.
037.jpg

I will be traveling alone. So I was hoping to get some names of "off the beaten path" places with good food that I could feel comfortable going to.

Well, maybe a path beaten by locals rather than tourists is what you might shoot for. A great one is Las Palmas on Ave25, only open during the day. There's a good pizza al pastor place around there too, called Los Seras.

This topic does come up frequently so you'll get all sorts of information by searching this forum.

Touche Friendlyscuba, touche. I tried to give up Scubaboard and it's sometimes snarkiness (Ok, really I just couldn't figure out Tapatalk), but the Ipod is gone and I'm back! Yeah, yeah, I fell off the wagon and I'm SO disgusted with myself. Whatever.

I can't tell you how happy it made me to return and find a thread filled with Chief's sarcasm, misinterpreted posts from Mossman, and another 40+ posts about food! Maybe I do need help. Or maybe once you've been here awhile you can read between the lines a bit. Sorry you got offended, but OMG the turf war you started was AWESOME! It's MY Scubaboard! NO! It's MY Scubaboard! Man, I love you guys..

I hope you stay around, because there are some truly enjoyable characters lurking around, and there's a tremendous amount of knowledge. Often good, sometimes bad and at times ridiculous. It's always entertaining :)

So back to topic.... Will someone confirm that Del Sur is still open? I'm dreaming about a cold beer and a plateful of varied delicious bites.....

find a thread filled with Chief's sarcasm,

Sarcasm? Moi? Lil' shocking.

I thought I was helping with a touch of the Socratic method. No?

So back to topic.... Will someone confirm that Del Sur is still open? I'm dreaming about a cold beer and a plateful of varied delicious bites.....

Well of course it is. I feel safe saying it now, Del Sur screwed the pooch big time in February. We went in with like 8 or 9 people, the place was packed and service was horrible. Carlos went around the corner and bought us a loaf of crusty bread to share. We waited FOREVER to order even get a drink order in. After waiting forever for the food, everyone got the wrong ones. On the bright side, I got to check them all out and sort it out.

That being said, in May it was all back to normal and wonderful.

In the case of my post, it was mostly related to the OP's request for "off the beaten path".
That someone mentioned Blue Angel in that regard appealed to my sense of irony. It's on Melgar, and if there is a single most "beaten path" on Cozumel, it's Melgar.

Nothing at all against Blue Angel; it's my favorite hotel and dive shop as well as one of my favorite restaurants all rolled into one.

That someone mentioned Blue Angel in that regard appealed to my sense of irony. It's on Melgar, and if there is a single most "beaten path" on Cozumel, it's Melgar.

Nothing at all against Blue Angel; it's my favorite hotel and dive shop as well as one of my favorite restaurants all rolled into one.

Maybe because it is off the path for peeps not staying there? We FINALLY did a happy hour there in May. Nice place.

Maybe because it is off the path for peeps not staying there? We FINALLY did a happy hour there in May. Nice place.
There you go getting all rational and stuff&#8230; :D

Exactly- I mentioned Blue Angel because although it is on Melgar, it can be either a pass by for people on their way to Southern resorts or a tad bit out of the way for those staying in town.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom