Favorite Moray Eel Picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seapix

Registered
Reaction score
This is my favorite moray eel, by virtue of the fact that I only have two pictures of me with eels. A lot of people about this photo, so here's the story...

eye2eye.jpg

I worked in the Red Sea as a dive/photo instructor. In order to encourage the eels to come out of their dens for photo sessions, I began feeding them. Soon after they would congregate on us as soon as the boat showed (I had to warn first-timers that they would see a lot of eels that day and weren't going to be attacked).

It got to the point where everyone was getting pictures of an eel wrapped around me, but I never had any for myself! So I gave my camera to a friend (I had preset all the controls) and asked him to get a picture of me (I put a strip of meat in my mouth. And that's how I got the lips to lips with a moray picture!)

George (aka Seapix)

That is the fattest moray I have seen & I wouldn't want him anywhere near my lips! You are brave (or cuckoo!) :wacko:

sapphire

That Eel is huge!!!
What were you feeding it? Whole Tuna's?

Love that shot...every time that I see it ;-)

Cheers,
Crazy_J

:doctor:

This is one of my favorite moray pictures from Catalina's Dive Park

Dr. Bill

Seapix my wife would like to inform you that you are nuts.

drbill I love those little cleaner shrimp. Very cool pic

drbill once bubbled...
This is one of my favorite moray pictures from Catalina's Dive Park

Dr. Bill

dr bill - that is a great photo!

sapphire :wink:

Al and Sapphire. Just wish I could have coaxed the cleaners (there were several) into the moray's mouth!

Sapphire- see, there are things you can experience in cold water if your teeth stop chattering long enough. Just teasing you... I love the tropics in our winter.

Dr. Bill

Sapphire- see, there are things you can experience in cold water if your teeth stop chattering long enough. Just teasing you... I love the tropics in our winter.

Yes, but I would be so busy searching for the warmer thermalclines that I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything like cleaner shrimp on morays!

sapphire (blue for a reason!) :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom