Favorite Military Sayings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good Training or it builds character" to describe any unpleasant task...Scraping the sides of the ship is "Good Training." Spending the night drinking and getting sick the next day is "Good Training." Having to sleep on your seabag in the parking lot because there was no room in the barracks is "Good Training"

"When id doubt whip it out" in regards to saluting

and

"what goes TDY (or TAD for you Navy folk) stays TDY."

"Enjoy your sh-t sandwich" fav saying of my flight chief after he gave you bad news.

Cobra852:
Fun things to do to Privates

Go to the Plattoon sgt. and get a PRC E-7 or translated Prick E-7

Get some Batteries for chemlights

Go to the motor pool and get Spark Plugs for Hummvees

Squelch Oil for the Radio

Go to the motor pool and count T R double E's and BFR's

Need a box of flight line
Our new guys used to run around the boat (I was a submariner) looking for Relative Bearing grease, and water slugs ( a water slug is when you test your torpedo tubes and fire the tube empty, forcing what water was in the tube out).
A saying we had on our boat was " Loose lips may sink ships, but no one hears us coming til it's too late"
C-Dawg

I've heard that one before and along the same genre: "bubblehead":snorkel:

rapidiver:
I've heard that one before and along the same genre: "bubblehead":snorkel:
Hell yeah, I am a Bubblehead. It's just that now, I make the bubbles :scubadive rather than riding on a sub :D
Another couple of sayings we had on the boat were
" There are only 2 things that go to sea, Subs and Targets"
When "suface pukes" gave us ***** about being on a sub, we'd also say "at least when our boat sinks, we come back up when we want to. When yours sinks, you're shark food"
C-Dawg

lmao! Yeh, I was definitely stationed on a target: Guided Missle Destroyer, Our primary mission was to absorb anything being shot at the Carrier!

Has anybody seen that case of canopy lights???

Back
Top Bottom