Favorite Diving Foods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Between dives I like fresh fruit - Cantellope, pineapple, naval oranges.
After a dive - peanut butter and banana sandwich (don't knock till you try it!)

The food diversity of divers is amazing.

In my limited experience, pre-dive food is good. Doesn't really matter as long as there's a lot of it. I caveat this by saying don't eat rye bread before a boat dive if you get seasick. I've never been seasick in my life until my recent trip to Hawaii and rye bread is pretty damned harsh coming back up. So, anything as long as it isn't rye bread and there's a lot of it.

Between dives, anything as long as there's a lot of it. Prefer light foods though.

Post dive, anything, as long as there's a lot of it, and booze... that's a nice addition.

Specifically, fruits, pastas, yogurt, bagels, burgers, etc. Stuff that's easy to pack/prepare.

In my limited experience, pre-dive food is good. Doesn't really matter as long as there's a lot of it. I caveat this by saying don't eat rye bread before a boat dive if you get seasick. I've never been seasick in my life until my recent trip to Hawaii and rye bread is pretty damned harsh coming back up. So, anything as long as it isn't rye bread and there's a lot of it.

Between dives, anything as long as there's a lot of it. Prefer light foods though.

Post dive, anything, as long as there's a lot of it, and booze... that's a nice addition.

Specifically, fruits, pastas, yogurt, bagels, burgers, etc. Stuff that's easy to pack/prepare.

Is it just me, or is there a pattern here? :wink:

Breakfast - Coffee & Apple Fritter & Water
Snack - Granola bars, bananas, nuts, anything calorie dense I can eat quickly
Drive home - apple, banana, sandwich
Dinner - :crying: You mean I have to cook dinner when I've been working all day and DH has been home with the kids.....

Breakfast: Breakfast tacos (Potato, egg, bacon, and cheese)

Lunch: PBJ and G2

After: I ALWAYS crave a massive meat lovers pizza... oh and beer. Cannot forget the beer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom