Favorite Dive Sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pm3009

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are going to Cozumel this July. It's my second time there, her first.

What are your FAVORITE dive sites in Cozumel and why?
Which ones are you sure not to miss every time you go to Cuzomel if you are a regular visitor? We'll be staying at the
Allegro, so we're close to the reefs on the South side of the Island.

Thanks!!!
Pam

Its not a deep dive at all, but we find Paradise a wonderful place to dive in terms of sealife. We saw an eel, lobster, shrimp, cowfish, big, pretty angels of all kinds etc. I think the deepest I got on the dive was 29ft. but well worth it. And, at that depth you can stay down forever. Have fun. I've only been back a couple of days and miss it already. Greg

pm3009:
My girlfriend and I are going to Cozumel this July. It's my second time there, her first.

What are your FAVORITE dive sites in Cozumel and why?
Which ones are you sure not to miss every time you go to Cuzomel if you are a regular visitor? We'll be staying at the
Allegro, so we're close to the reefs on the South side of the Island.

My new fave is a dive that I made a couple of weeks ago for the first time - the Cathedral section of Punta Sur.

When I have people here for only a few days or with limited time, I always try to get them to the following sites:

Columbia Deep (contingent upon skill level and air management)
Columbia normal
Punta Sur Cathedral (contingent upon level & air maangement)
Palancar all sections
Santa Rosa wall
Yucab
Tormentos

and we have a few other sites we like to pull out of a hat every once in awhile :)

I did all of the above with Christi last year, plus one "HAT" dive too!!

Just wanted to say "HI" again Christi. We still think of you and our trip often.

<hugs> Steve (and Leanne)

Scuba_Steve:
I did all of the above with Christi last year, plus one "HAT" dive too!!

Just wanted to say "HI" again Christi. We still think of you and our trip often.

<hugs> Steve (and Leanne)

I hope you are doing well and I hope to see you again sooner than later!

I'll shoot you an e-mail with some updates this week.

Giant hugs,
Christi

Hi Christi

Thanks for the list of your favs!! I think I dove all of those sites except for Yucab and Tormentos. I'll have to check them out.

Have a good one!
Pam

Christi:
When I have people here for only a few days or with limited time, I always try to get them to the following sites:

Columbia Deep (contingent upon skill level and air management)
Columbia normal
Punta Sur Cathedral (contingent upon level & air maangement)
Palancar all sections
Santa Rosa wall
Yucab
Tormentos

and we have a few other sites we like to pull out of a hat every once in awhile :)

Punta Sur.

You go into a coral cavern with plenty of sunlight on the bottom and come out on a wall about 120' +- down. It's totally cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom