• U.S. Divers

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • TUSA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oceanic

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like a bpw. SS plate (brand doesn't matter as long as the edges aren't rough.) I like me some diverite wings. I like a one piece webbing. If you see the photo below you can see all kinds of danglies. I was borrowing a Hollis bc. All the crap hanging down is the straps and adjustment cinches. Complete doodoo. Solid webbing doesn't have this.

IMG_2280.JPG

I have no complaints with my Tusa x wing BCD or Tusa 790 regs

What are your favored brand of BC's and regulators these days.
I think that you can see from the results that there are a lot more brands out there, which many divers like, than are listed in your survey. And, many of us have 'favorites' that are based on our subjective comfort zone as much as any objective comparative analysis. The good news - as several posters have mentioned - is that there are quite a number of reliable brands from which to choose, and our choices reflect any number of factors, including what our local shop(s) happens to stock. :)

I personally use Apeks and Zeagle regs. I am very happy with both brands, for recreational and technical diving.

For recreational, single-tank diving, I use a stainless steel backplate and wing for my BCD. I have Dive Rite and OMS plates, and I see no real difference. I have Zeagle, Halcyon, Apeks, Dive Rite and Oxycheq wings. My Halcyon 30lb wing is far and away my favorite single tank wing (streamlined profile, and lighter weight).

But, those are MY choices, and by no means are they necessarily the only / best choices for you

I like my LDS' philosophy regarding dive gear. I have heard them say several times that "There is no such thing as bad dive gear. Only bad choices of gear for the kind of diving that you might be doing." Or something to that effect.

For BC's, none that are listed in your poll. Halcyon Eclipse is my favoured BC.

For regs, I love my Sherwood Blizzard. Any cold water reg will be suitable for warm water too. Not so the other way around. Any reg that is balanced and environmentally sealed, as well as tuned appropriately, will serve you well.

I think most of us will answer this question/poll with our personal preference over years of trying several different name brands and styles. Thus, you'll have a TON of opinions/options to choose from! I dive an Aqualung Axiom BC and occasionally still dive my Zeagle Ranger BC. I love Zeagle regs and recently upgraded to the F8 with an unexpected bday gift from the DW.

I don't have any certain "favorite" brand.
For bc I made my own (Freedom Plate) and use an Oxycheq wing. I haven't used a jacket bc in years so I can't comment on what is or isn't the best/useable etc.
For regs I started with Scubapro and through the years have used almost every reg combo there is except a few. I'm to the point where if it reliably supplies air and the second stage is comfortable and breathes well who cares what it is.
As long as I can get parts and they are easily worked on. My favorite reg is usually the one with the freshest rebuild. I mix and match first and seconds all the time. As long as the second stage get fed 135/140 psi it doesn't really care what first stage is in front of it.
I don't subscribe to any certain brand mania.

I have a couple BP/W (one AL one SS) consisting of 7 brands of stuff each probably. As something wears out, like the wing or a cam-band, I replace it with whatever is good and easily available. IMO, this is a huge benefit of a BP/W - you don't throw out the whole thing if something wears out or gets damaged.

I use Atomic ST1 and Scubapro Mk17/A700 for single tank diving and ScubaPro MK25/A700 for Sidemount. They're all great, and tuned right I can't tell the difference underwater between them. Not on the level of those I just mentioned, of course, but add in a few ScubaPro MK2/R295 (I think) and a Dive Rite O2 reg for deco and/or pony bottles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom