Fave 5 non-hollywood movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi

Contributor
Reaction score
So we can give the indies and "foreign" a chance. These 5 come to mind, I've seen more than this (I really enjoy foreign and indy films) but these 5 stuck in my mind.

On a Clear Day

La Femme Nikita

Europa Europa

The Pathfinder

L'Enfant

La Dolce Vita

8 1/2

Fanny and Alexander

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover

La Belle et la Bete

annasea:
La Dolce Vita

8 1/2

Fanny and Alexander

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover

La Belle et la Bete

Great list, annasea!

I already included some non-Hollywood movies in the other list, but here goes (in no particular order)...

La Belle Noiseuse.

Solaris (Tarkovsky's original version).

Love is the Devil.

Chen Kaige's Farewell My Concubine and Life on a String.

And almost making the list (but not quite), Pen-ek Ratanaruang's Last Life in the Universe, François Ozon's Sous le sable (Charlotte Rampling was so great in this film), and a bunch of Kurosawa movies...

holy cow .. some film connosseurs here

Koyaanisqatsi

Amores Perros

The Crying Game

Mullholand Drive

Six Degrees of Separation

Forgot to list one of my all-time favorites in the other thread -- King of Hearts. Incredible movie. Alan Bates is such a chameleon.

Forgot to include a movie I greatly admire but have only seen once (if anyone know where I can get a copy on DVD, please PM!) - Victor Erice's El sol del membrillo.

I hate my ex-GF... but she introduced me to bollywood.

Lagaan

Amelie (not sure if by "foreign" you mean released first outside the US or just in another language)

Como Agua Para Chocolate

Metropolis

Shichinin no samurai

Forgot 'The Italian Job' too - and I don't mean the appalling remake ! Same goes for 'Alfie' actually aswell. Oooh, Kung ** Hustle's a cracker too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom