Fav dive place in Mexico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would agree from my recent experience that the majority of the people in Cozumel are very friendly and are willing to help you out. My Spanish is horrible and several times I was helped with translation by somebody who just happened to come along. I will disagree slightly with the idea that English is very wildly spoken. That may be the case in the resorts and shops that cater to tourists but I found situations where it was Spanish only. Not usually a problem. I often walked alone at night in the city and never felt threatened. I kept track of the taxi fares and except for a single case they were all pretty similar and nobody tried to rip me off. Shop keepers would sometimes have you open your wallet and point out what they wanted if they thought you did not understand. I did understand enough to know they where trying to be helpful and not ripping me off. The owner of the place I was staying dropped everything he was doing and personally took me to his dentist when I had a dental emergency (bad story, I would be careful of some of the para sailing outfits). The dentist spoke excellent English, was very professional and my local dentist was very impressed by the quality of the work.
I had a couple experiences with a surly waiter or cashier but nearly everybody was very kind despite the fact that they often get huge loads of cruise ship passengers dumped on them several times a day. Even I tried to tried to avoid that bunch.

I love it! Actually quite close to the mark.

Those of you that haven't had the pleasure of meeting PeterBJ7 in person probably don't know that he speaks proper English. Like the England type of English - not that stuff that us 'mericans speak, y'all.

Jolly good!

We have been to cozumel 4 time. We have done most of our diving with Dive with Martin, They are great, they also have a friendly staff. We have never had any problems with them.

We haven't beent o bonaire since 1997, but it was great. everything is a shore dive, the only thing that is not shore is Klien Boniare, which is a very small island. When we were there there were lots of seashorses. If you can dive Helma Hooker. great dive right of shore. Max depth is about 100 feet.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom