Fathom tech rig on Meg cave can

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

211ratsbud

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone set this particular combination up?

I have a Meg Cave canister which has the contouring on it. I want to mount LP50's for dilout on it.

I did some basic measuring and it looks like if I leave it flush or just a whisker below the bottom lip of the can it will work but I'm worried since there will be some bridging of the contours of the canister it won't be as secure.

Following
@Simon767 I ordered it last week, we'll see if it makes it here this week 😁.

My plan is to give a slice to some fuel tubing to put on the edge of the STA's in the low spots

If you're using the shadow mounts, lp50s are right on the edge of their weight/length/leverage capacity

If you're using the shadow mounts, lp50s are right on the edge of their weight/length/leverage capacity
I did try that, they didn't seem stable. The centers of the hose clamps leaves a bit of stability to be desired.

I did buy extra ISC sta to duplicate the concept of the fathom style rig but I couldn't find bolts slim enough to capture the two STA's together without interfering with the relatively small dia of the 50's versus intended larger dia.

By the time I got around to welding them I thought for a couple hundred bucks I'll try this 😂.

you might be better off getting a new can with welded shadow mounts on it.

you might be better off getting a new can with welded shadow mounts on it.
That's exactly how it was set up. The welded shadow mounts don't allow you to put the bottles far enough ahead to make suitable room for the oxy/inflator bottles. I have a pic somewhere when I tried it.

Welded shadow mounts and the oxy bottle sits way out back. I'm hoping to tuck in things in a bit, and use the cave can with shadow mounts for just the o2 and inflation.

This was an extra tall can (21.75" or something like that with welded mounts)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom