Father's Day Dive June 15th, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This morning was ok. We had a good dive, with 12' vis and 5' surge, oh wait I got that backwards, 12'surge and 5' vis:D

It was an alright dive, at least we got wet and got to play in the surf. There were a couple good sized rollers coming in every once in a while. Surprising, there were a lot of fish out.

Thanks, everyone for showing up, and thanks for being good dive buddies.

Rick

Sounds like you all had a bunch of fun. Got to agree those waves where quite big i spent 9 hours babysitting a little harbor seal. and watching the surfers. them waves looked like somthing i would not want to go into

Sounds like you all had a bunch of fun. Got to agree those waves where quite big i spent 9 hours babysitting a little harbor seal. and watching the surfers. them waves looked like somthing i would not want to go into

Hi Erika, long time no talk.Hope the pup is ok.Now go to bed!!

Pup is doing fine he was a little dehidrated but he was so cute i took a hundred or so photos of him :) Ill have to post some for you. also found a two week old 20lb sealion or fur seal today with open wounds on its flippers.

Pup is doing fine he was a little dehidrated but he was so cute i took a hundred or so photos of him :) Ill have to post some for you. also found a two week old 20lb sealion or fur seal today with open wounds on its flippers.

Sounds like "work" is treating you well. :coffee: Good Job!
Now looking forward to seeing you dive again.
MAKE THE DRIVE TO REDONDO :dork2:

right i dont think so :) make the dives up north

I have to apologize for NOT being a good dive buddy to Rick, et al. After getting tumbled on my way out I was a little dubious about conditions. So when we dropped down into 2' viz with heavy surge I thought it would be a minute of two before we called it and struggled through the waves back to the beach. So I headed out a bit, immediately losing everybody and not even looking around. My apologies, that is not being a good dive buddy. Fortunately, you all let it roll off your backs, but I shouldn't have done it and will endeavor to not do so in the future. The good news is viz opened up on the outside of the reef and heading east I hit a cool pinnacle that had good 12'-15' viz and a good-size school of sheephead. A manta ray popped up in front of me on my way back, and I warmed up considerably! The viz dropped to nothing again heading in & it's scary with the surge pushing you forward and just holding your hands in front hoping you don't plow into some rocks! Made it in better than I did coming out. Thanks guys for the dive & Jeff for the jacket!
-Tom

Back
Top Bottom