Father's Day Dive June 15th, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just to let you guys know i dove little cove at leo today and vis was any where from 5-10ft depending if you are on sand or over rock. there is alot of loose kelp out there we where in about 25ft of water and there was a big pice of kelp floating 5ft above the bottom with the holdfast and all for all you people that want warmer water the temp today at depth of 38ft was about 56-58 so it is warming up, the waves where on the bigger side not no ankel slappers. we had the lifegard waiting for us both times to make sure we made it out ok.also there was some swell but that did not really affect the vis. hope you guys have fun tomarrow and be safe.

Can't make it this weekend as we'll be at Anacapa

Lisa and I will look forward to meeting up with you guys sometime soon

:D

Guy, Welcome to The Beach Crabs! I look forward to diving with you and Lisa. See you soon,
Rick

just to let you guys know i dove little cove at leo today and vis was any where from 5-10ft depending if you are on sand or over rock. there is alot of loose kelp out there we where in about 25ft of water and there was a big pice of kelp floating 5ft above the bottom with the holdfast and all for all you people that want warmer water the temp today at depth of 38ft was about 56-58 so it is warming up, the waves where on the bigger side not no ankel slappers. we had the lifegard waiting for us both times to make sure we made it out ok.also there was some swell but that did not really affect the vis. hope you guys have fun tomarrow and be safe.

Thanks for the dive report, Erika. Jeff was just at Leo awhile ago, as well. He said it turned out pretty nice, except for the wind surfers:D.

Rick

i think i left before the windsurfers poped up :) but then again they dont usualy go to that part.

Anyone planning on diving a little earlier?

Hmm, I think I'll try to show up too... If the dive gets called or something, can someone call me at (818) 266-7892? Thanks!

I was surprised at the conditions yesterday... we ended up heading out there in the late afternoon the wind was cranking and the wind surfers and kite boarders were in full force. Surf was big for in the cove on the south side and there was some good chop on the surface. My friend and I were free diving in shallow and the vis was not all that bad considering the conditions... I dont think i will get in the water again with the kite boards again, almost got run over a half dozen times! Those guys are nuts, I ended up pointing my spear gun up in the air so one guy would see us and after that for some reason they left us alone

I was surprised at the conditions yesterday... we ended up heading out there in the late afternoon the wind was cranking and the wind surfers and kite boarders were in full force. Surf was big for in the cove on the south side and there was some good chop on the surface. My friend and I were free diving in shallow and the vis was not all that bad considering the conditions... I dont think i will get in the water again with the kite boards again, almost got run over a half dozen times! Those guys are nuts, I ended up pointing my spear gun up in the air so one guy would see us and after that for some reason they left us alone

I could not imagine why the windsurfers strayed away after you pointed it in the air. but yea i was impresed by the conditions too. thought that it was going to be wiped out. just goes to show you you never know what conditions are like down here untill you get out and dive.

I don't know how Leo was today but we were lucky to have maybe 5 ft. we ended the dive early. The surf was up also.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom