Fatal error: Could not obtain file lock in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 523

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's now on line 526 of the script. But it's not that big of a deal so why don't you just flock() it? :)

redhatmama:
It's now on line 526 of the script. But it's not that big of a deal so why don't you just flock() it? :)

You're right, it isn't that big a deal to recover. However, Tech Admin did ask to be informed if it occurred again.

Besides, who knows what far more troublesome bug may lurk just beneath that one. Of course, then there's the school of thought that fixing one bug creates two more. <G>

Well, Greybeard, it was just a joke on the php expression of flock which is a file locking expression and file locking appears to be the problem here.

If you're freading and not fwriting you might not need to flock it. Dig it?

just got it again, forgot i was on a windoze (xp) machine so I didn't get the line # in my paste buffer properly and i hit back so its gone...

Just not hitting it at all...?

Anyone else?

redhatmama:
Well, Greybeard, it was just a joke on the php expression of flock which is a file locking expression and file locking appears to be the problem here.

If you're freading and not fwriting you might not need to flock it. Dig it?

Got it. Thanks - been away from the working world too long.

Tech Admin:
Anyone else?
I just got it trying to "mark all threads read". WinXP Pro/Firefox.

just hit another one:

Fatal error: Could not obtain file lock in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 523

been getting the file lock error message occasionally for a couple weeks now. typically when trying to load a page. hitting 'refresh' solves the prob though.

Back
Top Bottom