Fastest Dive Scooter In The West ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess my battery is in the 2000 watt range being of 128 D cells with a maximum 1.3 volt each . Why Jona you say you need 5000 watts to achieve 500 feet per minute does not make a whole lot of sense to me more like being the size of your gas tank and having proper voltage for your electric motor . So it would be a smart move to ditch the NIMH and build a lithium battery module with a 6000 watt battery range . My NIMH battery module weighs 58 pounds so to copy this pack would be way cool indeed there are tons of D cell lithium batteries to be had from Tesla crap . One week of peace please . Rumdumb

you're confusing capacity with current draw.

To achieve the claimed speeds while towing a diver (without some form of windshield to reduce draw) you would need a stupid amount of power output not to mention the stresses put on the diver to achieve such speeds.

I can make a 400wh battery that can support a 4kw load. but not all batteries can support such a load.

---

drag is quadratic. and with number generated by community members we know what that slope is.
It takes about 27lbs/F to go 150fpm, 108lbs/F to go 300fpm. meaning it takes 320lbs/F to achieve 500fpm.

Ill admit it my rough shot in the dark of 5kW was WRONG, but I wasnt that far off...

Based on my own numbers I know it takes about 1200W to crack the 300fpm number depending on the gear you are wearing. so based on the conversion above and needing about 3x the thrust, you would need ~3600W assuming to maintain the efficiency that we can get out of motors.

---

Im not ragging on you but the only character that has shown up out of the blue with an absolute monster above the rest was Mr @Jon Nellis in 2011 when he showed up to TBM2011 with the original Genesis.

--

Im interested to see what you can show us, and I'd be happy to dive it for you.

A Seabob will rip your mask off and cause your regulator to freeflow! (Hence the Poseidon reg) You can do dolphin leaps with them!
Seabob.jpg

pictures soon after a trial run first after eight years in my garage .

Unfortunately I don't think I have seen an original photo from this poster.

He would be alot more believable if we saw some actual picture to help us make sense of what your talking about.

You playing with D sized Batteries doesn't make a ton of sense, unless they where basically free. So many better options out there, especially if it has tons of room inside. What nominal voltage are you running?

The motor is a minn kota 115 pound thrust 36 volt system , but having a 44 volt battery giving it a boost of thrust at least 15 to twenty percent . The big secret is that it is a pusher , no puller and a one off of a kind . Industrial batteries systems are mostly D cells . I have been in the game long enough to know this is a fact .

How fast does one need to go to breach completely out of the water ? I know , you know , we know and eight knots to be right and that may not be perfect advice ! Good times Rumdumb , those bad times could be right around the corner .

The picture of the protei 5 is not my design , precision steering is what indeed is mine . Pivots and springs is what make this thing fly . Good day or good night Rumdumb .

You do realize that thrust does not equal speed? Tug boats make a lot of thrust, but are not that fast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom