"Fast Boats"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Augustus:
what i mean is i would rather hang out on the water for the day , getting a nice surface interval relaxing and then do the second dive then rushing out to a site on a fast boat so I am back at the dock for lunch. I avoid fast boats for this reason.

Not all fast boats rush you back either...although of course there are some that only give a 20 to 30 minute SI so they can hurry back. We do a minimum of 1 1/2 hour SI on shore somewhere and don't dictate bottom times. We schedule our afternoon dives a bit later than other shops as well so we don't have to rush the morning divers. They can do long dives with a long SI and be back by 1:30ish without being rushed at all.

The points many on this thread are bringing up are more operator dependent vs. big boat vs. small boat dependent.

Hey I'm also a pod person at least one time a year with my kids... There are plenty of hardcore divers that have to do family vacations and its a good way to do both.
Between this year and last I have dived (from my cruise vacations) Grenada (twice), Bonaire, St Thomas (nothing to write home about), St Kitts, Aruba, Bermuda and probably another place or two that isn't coming to mind. The fun thing was getting to dive in a place that you would never (probably) visit otherwise. I thought the diving in Grenada beat the others, mostly because the dive op in Bonaire was for *****.

Jackie:
Hey I'm also a pod person at least one time a year with my kids... There are plenty of hardcore divers that have to do family vacations and its a good way to do both.
Between this year and last I have dived (from my cruise vacations) Grenada (twice), Bonaire, St Thomas (nothing to write home about), St Kitts, Aruba, Bermuda and probably another place or two that isn't coming to mind. The fun thing was getting to dive in a place that you would never (probably) visit otherwise. I thought the diving in Grenada beat the others, mostly because the dive op in Bonaire was for *****.
It's all good. Again, chances are, if you're here, you NOT a pod person. It's a stereotype with a wide blade. No offense. Obviously, you're better for it.... about a half-a-dozen Caribbean sites better than I. :11:

Namchief:
As for the Shamu comment about everyone doing a back roll at once. I have over 25 dives from the Shamu and that has never happened.

It's cool, I accept your apology.:crafty:

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom