Heated vests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used my Venture Heat heated vest yesterday and today. I like it just fine. The battery being inside the drysuit is the only drawback for me. This vest can also be used under a wetsuit.

I recently purchased a Venture Heat Pro 2 (D616A) and have used it wet and dry. I also know several people who have used them for years with good success. I too was leary of having batteries inside the suit, but persuaded myself the real burn risk is a short in the heating beds, not the batteries lighting off. So far so good. Batteries are most vulnerable during charging and when subjected to heat or trauma. Along with prescribed care, keeping the vest stored/transported properly is important to keep the heating bed wires from getting pinched.
Thank you for your reply and good advice.

I used my Venture Heat heated vest yesterday and today. I like it just fine. The battery being inside the drysuit is the only drawback for me. This vest can also be used under a wetsuit.
Thank you. I plan on using this under my 5mm wetsuit.

It probably works just fine... I have just been close to a friend whose heater-battery decided to go kaboom in 60meters of water... We were very happy we could get it off his plate and away from the suit. Hence... a slight bit sceptical.
However... most of my "scepticality" came from the 30watts... but that was before the OP posted the temps he wanted to dive in... :D
Split fins not in my kit….😎

Whatever you do, don't expect any service fro Venture Heat. Apparently they have no service department nor very many spare parts to sell. This is their reply asking for service:

L (Venture Heat)

Feb 5, 2024, 4:14 PM PST

Thanks for reaching out; unfortunately, we do not have a repairs department, so we are unable to fix products on our end.

If your product is past the 1-year warranty, we can assist with a discount on the purchase of a new vest if you're interested.

Kind regards,
L
Venture Heat USA

service@ventureheat.com
www.ventureheat.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom