far fetched idea with the ferry coming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A bit fishy.

oh say it's not true--not in Hawaii!

So...the activist judges are redefining their scope?

I am actually sympathetic to the Maui traffic worries.

The Superferry has, in my view played to everyone in a disingenuous way. I guess that is business...but they have been a bit too transparent.

Last week, a friend of mine claims that the agency I won't mention trained 30 cals on him, and warned him not to get any closer to the Navitec. (dinner boat) I hear they are telling everyone to watch out and not get in the Superferry's "way". You did not hear any of this stuff when they were politicing...now, the prices have changed, and like somebody said they have this contract where they make money off the taxpayers even if they fail financially. I'd like to know more about that.

and then they will file suit against the state for lost profits since the HI DOT had given them assurance that EIS wasn't needed.
..and then it will be just like all that tax money spent on intersection cameras, but worse.

One of the differences between doing business in the USA as compared a country like Mexico is that, at least in most US states, laws are supposed to be enforced fairly and uniformly. This makes for a much better and predictable business environment than a place where the rules depend upon who you know or who you bribe. IMO, that's a major factor in the relative state of economies between the US and 3rd world countries.

yes, and Hawaii would be a better business climate if the government was not so partisan.

100 yards on each side...thats a lot of harbor that nobody else can use at that time.

yes, but at some point boat traffic reaches a critical mass and then *they* own the waterways. All that space currently used for recreation must move out for increasing amounts of time. Loss usually occurs in increments small enough to get by the public, under the radar.

I am not liking the way this business venture is conducting themselves, doling out the information as it benefits them and trying to pass it all off as beneficial for Hawaiian families. This is exactly the type of project that should be required to have environmental impact study, and yet it seems they got a pass somewhere along the way.

Unless, I have it wrong, I don't read the paper.

Back
Top Bottom