Fantastic South Fla dives with Pura Vida Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catito

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yesterday we had perfect conditions:

Flat (flat) water, minimal current, warm water, lots of space on the boat. Pura Vida Divers (PVD) took us on a drift dive to a southern reef “ Paul’s”—60 feet. The very healthy reef looked like an aquarium with schools and schools of reef fish including spade fish. We spotted 5 large loggerheads resting on the reef. Several huge morays.

The second dive on Fourth Window was just as great if not better (again 60feet) with less of a current. It was a slow drift north. More loggerheads, scorpion fish, lion fish (darn), a few lobster, and a few rays. No sharks to be found. I think they have moved to deeper water.

Pura Vida Divers are my favorite in South Fla. Super professional, safety conscious, and always a very friendly crew (disclaimer: I do not work for Pura Vida and have no association with them other than being a happy client).

Conditions looked fantastic last weekend. I was bummed I wasn't diving but I'd just gotten home from a business trip late Friday.

Yesterday we had perfect conditions:

Flat (flat) water, minimal current, warm water, lots of space on the boat. Pura Vida Divers (PVD) took us on a drift dive to a southern reef “ Paul’s”—60 feet. The very healthy reef looked like an aquarium with schools and schools of reef fish including spade fish. We spotted 5 large loggerheads resting on the reef. Several huge morays.

The second dive on Fourth Window was just as great if not better (again 60feet) with less of a current. It was a slow drift north. More loggerheads, scorpion fish, lion fish (darn), a few lobster, and a few rays. No sharks to be found. I think they have moved to deeper water.

Pura Vida Divers are my favorite in South Fla. Super professional, safety conscious, and always a very friendly crew (disclaimer: I do not work for Pura Vida and have no association with them other than being a happy client).

I'll second everything you said. I was out with PV on Saturday morning on the deep boat and conditions were fantastic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom