Falls of Clyde

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, you're a Hooters kinda guy then, eh?

Actually, I'm a Rusty's kind of guy. :eyebrow:

The underground legend I heard on my decade ago, mid life crisis, nearly zero to past hero, sojourn of Florida, was that Hooter's is a cleaned up version of Rusty's. When I look back on my time house sitting for Paige, owner of Satellite Beach's Sports Page Bar, I "remember" 3 Rusty's locations, but now it seems there is just the Port Canaveral location.

Rusty's girls were the not ready for prime time originals; skimpier outfits, multiple tatoos and peircings, always either hung over or lit, Cocoa Beach surf Betty's. The 6 guys who brought us Hooter's reputedly were Rusty's regulars, but they decided to "clean up" their girls, for various reasons (wives?), and the rest is history.

When I was arranging my cave training, the Gainesville Hooter's was my command center. I patronized nearly every South Florida establishment in that genre, and while Hooter's is the white bread version of all those pirate's dens, I would welcome a Hooter's on Maui.

:D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom