Falling Rock July 4th Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darn, I sure would have liked to have the compass, double bunjie, cool!
Sorry to hear about the late night music fest, but I'm glad you had a chance
to hang out with BIG BLUE the next morning. Waldo has a problem with the
weight/mass/displacement thing, but he is a nice addition to the quarry.
Looking forward to Labor day, I hope I can work it with my schedule at work!

I am calling Rick at BS this week to see what kind of deal we can get.

We should have asked Joe for some paint to paint Waldo..red and white stripes?

crpntr133:
It looks like I survived the weekend at Joe's so my gear won't be bronzed. I was going to will someone my compass but I am not sure who it would have been, Chris or Penny.

An 85 MPH solo drive to the LDS on Saturday night...how invigorating.

Thanks everybody for a GREAT weekend. I do agree that I REALLY could have done without the midnight music and was about to nicely confront them about that... that was just rude and I was surprised that Joe lets it go. I know the campers do help support him but I would imagine he gets more business from the divers, "they" weren't divers. I wish Joe was around when I left, I wanted to thank him, as well as complain. Is the music usually an issue?

Scubatwo I hope that wood burnt better for you then it did for us. I don't know what kind it was but it burnt quick. I saved the good stuff under the tarp:D

Waldo was land locked when I left. The Princess retrived him this morning. Who would have thought that a bowling ball would float?

I think most of us in the group ended up with 4 or 5 dives in..including a 75 minute night dive:D Has anybody seen the Princess or is she still lost? Oh, wait a minute she informed me that I was lost. :D
I didn't feel like a long dive this morning so I did a shallow solo dive and had a meet and greet with the infamous HUGE catfish that hangs out at Pebble Beach. I think I can find that slab again.

Well, thanks again everyone for a wonderful time and I hope we can do it again on Labor Day weekend at Blue Springs.

The midnight music is usually never a problem. It was not another camper tho but a person who stays at the quarry. It was very rude. The wood was oak starter wood, hence why it burns quickly :) When hubby told me about the bowling ball I didnt believe him, thinking it would sink for sure. He says they have a cork center. Go figure.
Good to hear everyone had a good time.

Land Locked:
What a wonderful weekend to dive! Just wish I could have
done some more. Thanks to crpntr133, we now have a where's
Waldo floating around. 10 lbd bowlling ball somewhere out there,
he made a trip out and around, who knows where he is now.

And now for the rest of the story, here.
It was a great day for diving..Glad I could be of help in saving Penny Pue aka Princess Pue kingdom.. Chris I must add that is a great story.. You diving this Sunday??
Kenny

KROBI:
It was a great day for diving..Glad I could be of help in saving Penny Pue aka Princess Pue kingdom.. Chris I must add that is a great story.. You diving this Sunday??
Kenny

You Bet! Same time, same place......

diver4christ:
no pic of Waldo????

Waldo is of the African American family and is from either Brunswick or AMF Voit. He weighs ten pounds and has several holes in his head. Instead of being full of $%!@ like some of us it seems that Waldo is full of cork. And unlike others of his type, he doesn't dive.

I may have to take back my statement about surviving the weekend. I took a 1 hour nap when I got home yesterday and went to bed early, about 10:30 and just woke up...yes almost 11:30. I did wake up long enough to answer the phone at about 9 but was right back to sleep.

Glad to hear about the music issue. I will be more apt to come back.

Thanks for your participation. We (Hoosier & M.J.) also had a great time last Saturday. Land Locked (Chris) gave a warm reception to our KOMI members. It was our honor to serve our Ohio Princess (pennypue). Crpntr133 (Wally) was an excellent jobs for taking care of all events. diver_Paula brought a great Magaritas from Michigan. It was so hard for me to leave behind all new friends last Saturday. You can’t believe that it only took 2 hrs (oops! 95 MPH drive) to get back home early Sunday morning. I hope we can see all this coming Labor Day's Weekend again.

P.S. Today is M.J's B-day!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom