Falling Rock July 4th Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land Locked:
Sounds like me without a compass!

lol Join the club. I take a good heading and start on my way but the pretty fishies distract me!

It was a good weekend, great fireworks..the country music concert at midnight was a bit much but all and all a greattttttt weekend :)

ScubaTwo:
lol Join the club. I take a good heading and start on my way but the pretty fishies distract me!

Started across from the police car back to pebble beach without
a compass heading. Krobi remarked, "I didn't know Joe had 2 police
cars." After I took him around in a BIG circle!

Land Locked:
Started across from the police car back to pebble beach without
a compass heading. Krobi remarked, "I didn't know Joe had 2 police
cars." After I took him around in a BIG circle!

lol well I cant say much. I took a heading from the beach to the car...off we went...I forgot that I had taken the heading in front of that big rock at the beach and moved (just slightly lol) to the left. ended up right in front of joes pavillion. thats a double duhh. Btw Im sorry I didnt know you guys were from SB. would have stopped in and said hello. I only found out after we left.

We were the bunch camped out at the NH pavillion at pebble beach.
Hoosier has started a new dive group named Komi, this was the first
get together to launch the mascot!

Land Locked:
We were the bunch camped out at the NH pavillion at pebble beach.
Hoosier has started a new dive group named Komi, this was the first
get together to launch the mascot!

Yeah I know wich ones you were lol. You used all our firewood! just kidding :) plenty for all. we were on the island.

DavidPT40:
Looks like you guys had a good time. How many dives did you all make? Did you all see anything interesting?

We only made 2 dives :( I guess I wasnt feeling up to par because I was getting cold very quickly and I never get cold. But both dives were good especially the sunday morning dive. It was very good viz and so quiet and peaceful. Lots of big mean blue gills lol. Them little suckers are very territorial.

It looks like I survived the weekend at Joe's so my gear won't be bronzed. I was going to will someone my compass but I am not sure who it would have been, Chris or Penny.

An 85 MPH solo drive to the LDS on Saturday night...how invigorating.

Thanks everybody for a GREAT weekend. I do agree that I REALLY could have done without the midnight music and was about to nicely confront them about that... that was just rude and I was surprised that Joe lets it go. I know the campers do help support him but I would imagine he gets more business from the divers, "they" weren't divers. I wish Joe was around when I left, I wanted to thank him, as well as complain. Is the music usually an issue?

Scubatwo I hope that wood burnt better for you then it did for us. I don't know what kind it was but it burnt quick. I saved the good stuff under the tarp:D

Waldo was land locked when I left. The Princess retrived him this morning. Who would have thought that a bowling ball would float?

I think most of us in the group ended up with 4 or 5 dives in..including a 75 minute night dive:D Has anybody seen the Princess or is she still lost? Oh, wait a minute she informed me that I was lost. :D
I didn't feel like a long dive this morning so I did a shallow solo dive and had a meet and greet with the infamous HUGE catfish that hangs out at Pebble Beach. I think I can find that slab again.

Well, thanks again everyone for a wonderful time and I hope we can do it again on Labor Day weekend at Blue Springs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom