Falling Rock July 4th Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make sure you all check out the GLWC Meet & Greet IV. It's being planned for 9/23-25 right now. Has it's own thread in GLWC forum. Location isn't finalized but it will be Portage, Gilboa or Whitestar Quarry. I'm guessing Portage Quarry as the first 3 were at Gilboa and camping isn't as convenient at Whitestar.

& maybe by late September the water temps will be close to those you are enjoying now!

Paula

I am calling rick ( owner of Blue Springs)back fri and should have a price for you for labor day weekend. One thing that will be nice is airfills onsite. I hope we have a good turn out for this and maybe make this an annual thing along with Joe's for the 4th. All we need to do is find someplace for Memorial day :):):)

If we have to decide another place, it must be anywhere in OH. I think that Giboa will be the first in row. If it is nessary, I will contact Rick also to get a killer deal as a royal and regular BS customer.

Chris and Wally,

M.J. appreciates for all kind words. BTW, my birthday is July 17.... Therefore, my cake is prior to Wally's one..:wink:

Lets see what kind of deal he gives me fri so we don't overwhelm him I will post his deal as soon as I get it fri morn.OH sounds good for memorial day just remember the water won't be very warm at that point and with as deep as Gilboa is it will be very nipy the end of may but I am up for it.

hoosier:
If we have to decide another place, it must be anywhere in OH. I think that Giboa will be the first in row. If it is nessary, I will contact Rick also to get a killer deal as a royal and regular BS customer.

Chris and Wally,

M.J. appreciates for all kind words. BTW, my birthday is July 17.... Therefore, my cake is prior to Wally's one..:wink:

Hey, we can't complain about a cold water in Mid-west :) The water temp at Joe's was a darn warm though.

hoosier:
Hey, we can't complain about a cold water in Mid-west :) The water temp at Joe's was a darn warm though.

Above the 1st thermocline it was nice and warm. I showed a surface
temp of mid 80's and mid to high 70's before the 1st thermocline at
19 feet. Heck, this coming Sunday I may just keep it shallow and dive
just a 3mm.

Gee~ I wore 7 mm and wanted to stay at the bottom because I was toasted.

3mm???.. put on the skin you wimp :D

I do agree that 7 is way too much for the shallow dives. It looked like I was flushing the diver toilet ( due to peeing in a wetsuit) when actually I was trying to not melt.

Don't know how many of you have been PM'd by humanFish but he is coming to IN next week and is looking for a DB (that would be a dive buddy Hoosier) to dive BS (that would be Blue Springs). I was hoping to make it but I will have to work. I could say no to work but with it being overtime and over $40 an hour, I don't think so.

Never and ever from humanFish! He is from CA?

We have alread a guest, Corigan, from GA next weekend. Tentatively, we set up a local diving at BS next Saturday. I am still waiting for other KOMI members' availability to finalize our plan. I will send out an email by Saturday morning....

Ooops, my screw up. It was Corigan not humanFish. Glad to hear that he has someone to dive with. I am out for that dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom