fall diving at Catalina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am looking forward to some fall and winter dives.
I wonder if the boats go out as often as in the summer.

Not as much mid-week diving, but most keep up full weekend schedules.

The majority of SoCal divers will dive year round in a wetsuit but the drysuit divers are more comfortable on the surface on the cold winter dive boats.

For me, wet or dry, the late fall and early winter dives are always my favorites.

Winter is my favorite time just because the water tend to be so calm and clear. As far as comfortable on the surface while diving wetsuit, that's why we have JMJ and TruWest around to make those sweet dive/boat parkas.:eyebrow:

TC:
Here's a handy chart for predicting the temp at various depths at Catalina-

ScubaBoard Gallery - temp1
Thanks TC
That chart was in the Catalina Info Sticky with a post/link that had a conversion number to use with Buoy 46025 's current data to get the actual temps at depth using that chart ... it's gone

Thanks TC
That chart was in the Catalina Info Sticky with a post/link that had a conversion number to use with Buoy 46025 's current data to get the actual temps at depth using that chart ... it's gone

It's back Don - Thanks:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom