fake tans and wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jocasseegirl

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi - have any of you ladies had any experience with fake tans rubbing off while diving? I had a self-tan and noticed that my wetsuit rubbed it off in places. :depressed: Now, I did walk around part of the day with my wetsuit on from my waist down. Maybe I just had it on too long. I was diving in fresh water. Thanks for your comments!

Same thing happened to me. It was pretty tragic and quite funny. It came off in spots, with a line from my booties and anywhere there was a seam. LOL - I was mortified trying to get the tan "off" without anyone noticing. I thought I did a decent job, until I got home and my neighbor said "what happened to your legs?"... haven't spray tanned since. LOL (salt water here)

I spent money and had it professionally sprayed on a few years back for a dive trip to PV with my oldest son. I will never forget it...my son is sitting on the boat after one of our dives and says, "Mom! What happened to your feet, are you okay?". I look down and my feed are spotted, like an eel, and it looks like I have a skin disease. I don't want to mention what the rest of my body looked like when I took my wetsuit off! Never again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom