Faber Steel Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

Anything wrong with the Faber tanks other than the need to keep the paint in good shape to avoid rusting? I'm wanting a couple of steel tanks and don't want to wait for the PSTs or pay the high price for them.

Brian

Hi brianwl,

I own 8 Fabers and 2 PSTs........and have been pleased with both brands. Like you, I'm wanting to buy a few more tanks, but have held off my purchase as I can't seem to decide for sure if I want PST's or Fabers.

If you expect to abuse your tanks ( seawater / rough conditions where tanks easily scraped up ) I'd go with PST's......otherwise it's too close to call. Faber's, being low pressure, are more easily filled to capacity on boats...many places it's hard to get a good HP fill.

You need to consider other issues such as bouyancy / length / diameter as well......lots of my local boats frown on 8" diameter tanks, as they don't fit within their tank brackets.

My favorite tanks are:

PST HP E8--130 ( as singles)
PST HP E7--120 (as singles or doubles)
OMS/Faber LP 112 ( as singles)
OMS/Faber LP 85 (as singles or doubles)

Karl

Brian,
Look at my post from a few days ago. I asked the same questions and got some good replies. It might help you decide.

Gary

jgarysmith:
Brian,
Look at my post from a few days ago. I asked the same questions and got some good replies. It might help you decide.

Gary
Gary, what was the decision you made based on the info given? Reason I ask, is I didn't find enough info to base a decision on.

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom