Faber LP 85?/Air Buddy for "high performance" rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

never judge a gear by it's cover i guess :)

i learn something new everyday,

i was not trying to dis ur regs and stuff, but i guess u know where i was coming from with what i wrote :)

Aaagogo, thank you for your help, it is appreciated. N

Titles 20,49, & 14 of the CFRs

Hoyden:
Please give your source for this information, if your implication is that it is a federal crime for me to fill my scuba cylinders to the pressure of my choice.

Aaagogo,

Get your Cave diver Lawer buddy to look into the CFRs and tell you what it says about having overpressurized cylinders. Hate to tell you but what people do, what they get away with, and what is legal or not are seperate issues.

Sure if you fill your own tanks, stay on the land you own that has the fillstation & Dive site, and dive your private site you could skirt the criminal penalties. but if you had someone on property with you that was affected you have set yourself up for Civil court.

Your mentallity states that I could load up my pick-up full of TNT drive down the street to the marina load it into my buddy's boat and toole around the port picking up chicks at the bar and nobody could do squat about it because "it was my stuff".

Once you affect others, your actions are no longer private and that is why we have governing agencies over all aspects of our lives, because we don't always use the best judgment.

I have found the LP85 is a great tank trim wise. I bought it on my LDS recommendation. I use it with a 7mm full suit (in fresh water) and it takes 5 lbs out of my BC pockets. I am 5' 11". With just a modest overfill (3000) you get a nice capacity in a great package.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom