Faber 120 Cubic Foot 3180 Cost?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am interested in buying my first tank. I found a price of $300 for a Faber 120 Cubic Foot 3180 with a 10% Overfill Rating to 3,498 psi. It also has a with SanOSub Nitrox Din K Pro Valve. I have a couple of question I would like help with:

Is this a good price? It appears many 120 tanks sell for ~$400.

I thought they have it listed as a Med Press. But my research indicate that this is the highest pressure for a steel tank. Am I missing something?

Is Faber a good brand?

Any other feedback would be appreciated.

PS - I dive ~25 times a year and figure it would be worth it to buy.

Check out Tech Diving Limited for what may be better prices.

http://www.techdivinglimited.com/

Also, that 120 is fairly negative, like -14 pounds or so full. I had one and dove it dry for a few times and it was just too much of a water heater on my back (I'm six feet tall). It might work for you, it might not, it depends on your exposure protection and size.

There are lots of threads on here regarding tank choice, if you search around a bit, you should be able to find more info.

I have a HP120 and usually get 2 dives out of it. Seems like a good price for a New one. I paid $200- CDN for mine used(4 years left on Hydro) including a O2 clean and Nitrox Fill. The LDS Sells HP120 for $369- CDN O2 Cleaned.

Hope this helps..

$200 to $220 plus shipping. TDL has this deal sometimes. I second the vote on needing to be a MAN to use them. By the way you can go into deco on one tank with plenty of gas left.

Are you in Winter Springs, FL? The new Gander Mountain store has Faber at real good prices. They have the 3442 psi FX series. Tell them you want the Diver's Direct discount and get 10% off the sticker price. I got the FX-80 for my daughter there

Around Central FL, tanks are reasonably priced. Florida Technical Scuba in Apopka has Faber too. No need to pay shipping if you live around here.

Thanks for the tip on local tanks. I will check them out.

I have been using a Faber 120 HP as my primary tank for about 4 years now and LOVE it. I'm told Faber is one of the best you can buy. It is a bit heavy (both full & empty) and quite negative, but it's very worth it once you're in the water.
However if I may offer some advice; Many manufacturers are now offering 130 LP steel cylinders. They are shorter (albeit larger in diameter and heavier) so easier to deal with in the water. This is the way I'm going to go for my next single tank.
Things to watch for:
My Faber 120 tank came standard with a DIN valve. So I had to somewhat re engineer it wih a PRO valve and replace the burst disc.

Good luck & happy diving.

Back
Top Bottom