F4U Corsair Gosford

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well if anyone out there has a boat I am willing to chip in on the gas! And I know a few others that will help also! Do you think it could be done from a kayak?

Well stay cool!

Mark

It could be gotten to by kayak. You'd need a gps that is waterproof, I would think.
L

Godly_Diver:
Well, there it is...Gordon's right....not worth trying, especialy that much of a swim is involved, don't have a boat either. So, I give up on the "little" fellow.
Cheers,
R.Duzel

...use the excuse to find the Corsair just to dive with Laurel!

Otter:
...use the excuse to find the Corsair just to dive with Laurel!

You flatter me....:gorgeous:

scubalaurel:
can the gosford be dove from shore?
Probably. It is in only 30-40 feet of water. I dove it from the vision. Get more info from www.cawreckdivers.org
That's a coincidence -- I'm told they only do a couple of trips a year, but we're headed there (and to the Humble SM1) on the Vision this Sunday. Hope the water's as flat as it looks like it's going to be ...

Frank O:
That's a coincidence -- I'm told they only do a couple of trips a year, but we're headed there (and to the Humble SM1) on the Vision this Sunday. Hope the water's as flat as it looks like it's going to be ...

You'll have a great trip. I wish I could go this weekend. Too much to do with the kids and my club is going to the Yukon for a half day trip on Sunday. The HUmble is very cool. I wish I had penetrated more last ime.

On the Gosford, look for a wolf eel on the starboard side, in the chain hole, if that bow is still standing, anyway.

Frank O:

Hey Frank,

My club had some spots on the Vision this last weekend as well. How was the dive??

ScubaStan:
My club had some spots on the Vision this last weekend as well. How was the dive??

Interesting, though there were challenges of various kinds. Quite a bit of current on the SM1, and the vis was so-so at best (estimates ran around 8-12 or 10-15 ft). At the shallower Gosford site, the surge was the washing-machine type, and there was a lot of white particulate in the water (vis estimates were 4-8 or 8-10 ft). But a ton of marine life at the Gosford -- two or three big lingcod, a big cabezon, crowds of swimming rockfish, and just hordes of nudis.

Then again there were those who decided to take it easy for the day ...

sealionpup.jpg

dang, that's a fat dog

:eyebrow:

love the pic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom