EZ spring strap sizing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm about to buy the EZ Spring Fin Straps for both myself and my girlfriend. I'd like some feedback about the sizing of the strap before I buy though.

Here's what LP's item describtion has to say about the choosing the size:

How to select your fin Spring Strap
Insert your Dive Boot into your fin pocket with a measuring tape, measure the distance from the Center of one pin, around your boot heel, to the Center of the pin on the other side of the fin. Select the spring strap size that is SHORTER than your measurement by 1/2" to 1 1/2".

I did as the instructions suggestion (without my foot in the boot) and got 14.75 for myself and 13.25 for my girlfriend. I use black TUSA x-pert zooms, size medium, with size 11 boots. My girlfriend also use the zooms, but here's are yellow, and size small. Her booties are about size 8 (I think, that may be the male equivalent of her boot size).

The strap lengths being sold are:
Small, 11 3/4"
Medium, 12 1/2"
Large, 14"

So I should get the large for myself and the probably the medium for her, though the small might fit too.

My question is for anyone who has bought these spring straps: Did you find the advice on choosing the right size accurate, and did it provide a nice tight fit?

*Floater*:
My question is for anyone who has bought these spring straps: Did you find the advice on choosing the right size accurate, and did it provide a nice tight fit?

Put your foot in the boot when you measure it, that way you know for sure the boot is seated all the way into the fin pocket. With that being said, I used their sizing chart and found it to be very accurate. I wear a size 10 boot, but it sits very deep into the fin pocket. I measured it using their standards, and it said I needed a small strap. I was kinda nervous about ordering a small, but did it anyway. I'm glad I did, it was a perfect fit. This was something I should have bought years ago....

I bought some of those EZ Spring straps myself recently and found their size recommendations to be right on the mark. I have two pair of fins right now that I plan to use these springs for, and one of those fins are the TUSA Xpert Zooms. I have a size 10 foot and also use the Large (14") length spring strap.

So far they fit pretty good.

Firefyter:
Put your foot in the boot when you measure it, that way you know for sure the boot is seated all the way into the fin pocket. With that being said, I used their sizing chart and found it to be very accurate. I wear a size 10 boot, but it sits very deep into the fin pocket. I measured it using their standards, and it said I needed a small strap. I was kinda nervous about ordering a small, but did it anyway. I'm glad I did, it was a perfect fit. This was something I should have bought years ago....

I have TUSA x-pert zooms and the ez straps. When I first bought them (mail order) I purchased the large. I too wear size 11, they were too big. So I ordered the med, much, much better fit. my 2 cents...

zaboAA:
I have TUSA x-pert zooms and the ez straps. When I first bought them (mail order) I purchased the large. I too wear size 11, they were too big. So I ordered the med, much, much better fit. my 2 cents...

As I said, it all depends on the fin's foot pocket. The straps you bought may work great on one set of fins, and not at all on another. That's why I strongly recommend putting the boot on, then into the fin pocket, and THEN measuring...

*Floater*:
I'm about to buy the EZ Spring Fin Straps for both myself and my girlfriend. I'd like some feedback about the sizing of the strap before I buy though.

Here's what LP's item describtion has to say about the choosing the size:

I did as the instructions suggestion (without my foot in the boot) and got 14.75 for myself and 13.25 for my girlfriend. I use black TUSA x-pert zooms, size medium, with size 11 boots. My girlfriend also use the zooms, but here's are yellow, and size small. Her booties are about size 8 (I think, that may be the male equivalent of her boot size).

The strap lengths being sold are:
Small, 11 3/4"
Medium, 12 1/2"
Large, 14"

So I should get the large for myself and the probably the medium for her, though the small might fit too.

If you have not made up your mind just yet...I own the Manta spring straps. They work very well and if you have any sizing issues, you can call them up and deal with them directly.

They have all the sizing on their website, www.mantaindustries.com

zaboAA:

zabo, what size zooms do you use? (since size 11 boot is on the border between medium and large for the zooms)

I have the Pro straps in size L with my Aeris Velocity fins an my size 12 feet in Tusa hard-sole booties. I didn't measure, but tried them on in the store. XL was too big, but L was just right.

-Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom