EZ Spring Fin Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadobadoo:
I agree. All my fins have spring straps and i love them and so does my wife. I almost bought the ez version but didn't like the plastic buckle/clip. They also make the "pro" version that has a metal clip instead of the plastic clip/buckle. I think LP sells that version for just over $30 instead of $25 for the EZ version. Good price.

I have the Manta spring straps for my SP Jets and A set of Mares they have the universal clips. The have been making them for years. I like thiers better the the EZ because the metal clip is smaller, plus I have had a good experiance with Manta equipment. Try Manta's

I made my spring straps with the 3/4 diameter vinyl tube and it did take some techique to get a fingerhold with 5 mm gloves.

A SB member turned me on to these fin keepers and what a nice addition they made;
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Item...ield=SKU&SortDesc=False&SearchTerm=fin+keeper

I added two small holes to the top of the vinyl tube and used a tie wrap to keep the fin halves of the keepers on center. They make great pull grips when donning and doffing.

The other half clips to the BC and frees our hands in the surf as we steady each other on rough footings. I did remove the little plastic bolt snap and replaced it with a 1 inch ss ring.

I'll try to do pictures soon.

Pete

scubadobadoo:
Orion,

I have seen other people (not many) complain about regular spring straps being hard to get off with thick gloves but I haven't found that to be the case. I do think it is a matter of finding just the right length spring strap to fit your foot and fin, something that spring strap users don't mention often when praising the wonders of spring straps. I had to buy a few sizes/lengths before I found just the right one for me personally. I prefer my spring straps to be just tight enough to stay on, this makes them easier to get off quickly in surf or with thick gloves and also helps cramping that may happen with tight straps. Some people love really tight straps. Length can vary with manufacturer as well. Kidspot has a great reference for spring straps and length required to fit dif. boots but his reference, while very excellent, can't always take personal preference into account. Happy hunting. I have found the Manta straps to be pretty good for my jets and Boogie's straps to be very good with my quattros.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom