EZ Spring Fin Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got em for my dive rite fins, they are ok and very comfortable. i just have a small issue with the rubber padding, i have to keep centering em while diving.

I think I am going to order a pair - last week in Oahu the only time my "Quick-release" padded buckle (red thingie) on my Aqualung Blades quick released was while I was trying to dive. As soon as I wanted to take them off, it became immovable....
prd_blade_hf.jpg

cowprintrabbit:
I think I am going to order a pair - last week in Oahu the only time my "Quick-release" padded buckle (red thingie) on my Aqualung Blades quick released was while I was trying to dive. As soon as I wanted to take them off, it became immovable....
prd_blade_hf.jpg
I threw those silly things away after almost losing a fin on my first OW check out dive. I dragged the back of my fin across the anchor line and the red thingie popped right open.

having lost one of my dive rite fins with spring straps, i am getting another set for my new jetfins.

I agree. All my fins have spring straps and i love them and so does my wife. I almost bought the ez version but didn't like the plastic buckle/clip. They also make the "pro" version that has a metal clip instead of the plastic clip/buckle. I think LP sells that version for just over $30 instead of $25 for the EZ version. Good price.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/ItemIndex_3/AQUEZR.html

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make these fit a pair of the famous 30 year old Scubapro Jet Fins? I have a heck of a time getting them on and off with thick gloves so I can't wear them when I am diving with students - the big rubber loop looks like just the thing (Yes I know it is an entaglement hazard :wink: ) to solve my problem.... but I am not a mechanical person, so I can't think of an easy way to attach them without modifying my Fins (Inherited from my diver Grandmother, not going to hack into them. ). I have tried a friends standard spring straps and I couldn't get them on and off fast enough compared to my Cressi so my poor Jets are sitting in a locker all alone.

I know there are a thousand spring strap and jet fin threads, just haven't found any suggestions in my searches that answered this. I also know that it says specifically that they don't fit Jet Fins.... just thought someone might have a suggestion

Or does anyone know anywhere to buy something like the "Comfort Grip" rubber handle... I could just put that on the spring straps.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks.

Orion,

I have seen other people (not many) complain about regular spring straps being hard to get off with thick gloves but I haven't found that to be the case. I do think it is a matter of finding just the right length spring strap to fit your foot and fin, something that spring strap users don't mention often when praising the wonders of spring straps. I had to buy a few sizes/lengths before I found just the right one for me personally. I prefer my spring straps to be just tight enough to stay on, this makes them easier to get off quickly in surf or with thick gloves and also helps cramping that may happen with tight straps. Some people love really tight straps. Length can vary with manufacturer as well. Kidspot has a great reference for spring straps and length required to fit dif. boots but his reference, while very excellent, can't always take personal preference into account. Happy hunting. I have found the Manta straps to be pretty good for my jets and Boogie's straps to be very good with my quattros.

scubadobadoo:
Orion,

I have seen other people (not many) complain about regular spring straps being hard to get off with thick gloves but I haven't found that to be the case. I do think it is a matter of finding just the right length spring strap to fit your foot and fin, something that spring strap users don't mention often when praising the wonders of spring straps. I had to buy a few sizes/lengths before I found just the right one for me personally. I prefer my spring straps to be just tight enough to stay on, this makes them easier to get off quickly in surf or with thick gloves and also helps cramping that may happen with tight straps. Some people love really tight straps. Length can vary with manufacturer as well. Kidspot has a great reference for spring straps and length required to fit dif. boots but his reference, while very excellent, can't always take personal preference into account. Happy hunting. I have found the Manta straps to be pretty good for my jets and Boogie's straps to be very good with my quattros.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will see if I can try some looser ones. The ones I wore were pretty tight.

After having to buy several pair for 4 sets of fins (Wife and My cold and warm water fins) before finding just the right length for our gear and preferences, I can see why so many people here on the board decide to make them from scratch. Now that I know what I know after trying so many I can say that making your own wouldn't be that hard and is certainly cheaper!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom