EZ Scuba burglarized!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r1_adict, I belive you are misunderstanding me.
I am not suggesting that the owner stole his own equipment. As I clearly stated in my previous post, I am not familiar with the store, the employees, the location, or the owner. I do know that the burglar knew what he was stealing, that being why I suggested the work of an employee, or some other insider.
'Bad Karma' would suggest that Eric did something to someone to deserve this burglary.
I have absolutely no personal issues with you, this Eric, or anyone else involved. I don't even know who you are. I was simply offering soutions, or help.
In my personal experience, however, it is the person that is most defensive that has something to do with it....
I sincerely hope that eric finds whoever wronged him, but you need to tone down your insult radar a tad, r1.
My previous post was not meant as any sort of attack to your or your favorite LDS, but if you don't want input, don't post.
:D

The thief knew exactly what he was getting. He obviously scoped out the store as he showed up with a pair of cutters and took only the most expensive Zeagle regs, Ranger BC's and spear guns.

Definitely knew what he was doing... Did he get any computers? I'm sure Eric already knows he will have to keep a look-out for the stuff as well. Cops are too overhwhelmed to do too much on many cases...

Just thinking out-loud here... If the guy is smart, I wouldn't think he'd pawn around here... Anyway, of course, I will keep my eyes and ears peeled. :)

PW, I could be wrong but I think he was referring to another poster bringing up the customer service of the store - which isn't the purpose/intent of this thread.

Sorry to hear about this. We bought our DR NiTek3 computers from E Z Scuba / Eric a number of years ago, and we had great customer service with him and his shop. Hopefully there will be a slipup on the culprit's part and be able to be traced back and prosecuted.

Send the serials to Zeagle. I know that BCs aren't tracked, but regs are. I have no idea about spear guns. See where the regs are registered. Even if the thief is smart, they will prob try register it or sell it to someone who will register it. At the end of the day, a thief is out for money, that is usually the downfall.

R1 I don't think there was anything stated that was personal.

I was in there Monday getting fills.

There are always bums hanging around that strip mall. It's not a nice place anyway you look at it.

Pawn shops are where I'd start looking as Tracey stated. Wasn't there a rash of burglaries over the fall in the area at local scuba shops? Did they ever catch those people?

Wasn't there a rash of burglaries over the fall in the area at local scuba shops? Did they ever catch those people?

I was wondering the same. The last, I know of, was the shop at Hudson Grotto.

Hey, i'm Steph, one of the many new divers on here. My fiance and I live in twelve oaks (right down the street from ez scuba). We have been there a couple of times. I'ts kinda small especially by the entrance. On top of that since it's not a big store, theres a bit of clutter from the equipment. How can someone go in, know exactly were the stuff is, what to grab, and how to get it off the display, and leave with holding all this stuff and not be seen or heard? Why don't they have cameras? If you have expensive stuff in your store, no matter if it's equipment or clothes you should have some type of security system. Even if it's just cameras that don't work. Even though they don't work people will see them and might think twice before acting a fool. sorry if I seem to come off wrong, I just thinkthat it's ********d up that people can get away with stealing... especially this type of equipment.

ScubaTiggz10
(Steph)

No, I think you all misinterpreted my last post. Forums are like e-mail they suck because it is sometimes difficult to get your meaning across and the typed word is open to subjectivity.

Pollywog: My last post just ended up under yours, it was not a reprisal in any way. I was really only venting in general. The "Bad Karma" statement was directed at the pukes who burglarized his shop. So they will be getting the next hit of misfortune. I fully agreed with everything you had to say other than the inside job part, but that is always a possibility! Besides I never insult people in public forums if I can help it, it is not my style.

Reef: I was not taking your comment in the negative either. I agree that most of the area is "ghetto". I really meant that I was discounting a random smash and grab by a pipe smoking crack head because they knew exactly what they were taking and what was needed to get it. Real smash and grabbers get everything within 20 feet of the door.

I guess my main message is that I do not like to see a friend get hurt, I have strong ties to the shop and I think the ones that did it suck and are probably keeping the gear. It was just what a couple of spear fishing junkies would need to shoot some serious fish. All of the SN#'s were recorded and the idiots left finger print all over the place. They are eventually doomed to suffer in the beloved criminal justice system...

Hey, i'm Steph, one of the many new divers on here. My fiance and I live in twelve oaks (right down the street from ez scuba). We have been there a couple of times. I'ts kinda small especially by the entrance. On top of that since it's not a big store, theres a bit of clutter from the equipment. How can someone go in, know exactly were the stuff is, what to grab, and how to get it off the display, and leave with holding all this stuff and not be seen or heard? Why don't they have cameras? If you have expensive stuff in your store, no matter if it's equipment or clothes you should have some type of security system. Even if it's just cameras that don't work. Even though they don't work people will see them and might think twice before acting a fool. sorry if I seem to come off wrong, I just thinkthat it's ********d up that people can get away with stealing... especially this type of equipment.

ScubaTiggz10
(Steph)

He has a security system, but it must have been very fast. They hurled a big rock through the glass door and believe it or not, it can be done quietly. I bet they were out in under 4 minutes. The police are investigating and there is plenty of video surveillance in the area:wink:

No one deserves to have their store broken into and gear stolen from them. That said, I used to be a customer of Eric's and know him and his store well, I've been in his store many times. Keep in mind it's a small store. On top of that, he keeps his BC's on a rack just inside the door, the regs on the wall a few steps to the left of the BC's. I can see how someone could "browse" the store, come back later and do what these criminals did. Seems it was easy for someone to smash the door, one person go for the regs, another for the BC's. Hopefully these thiefs will be caught and brought to justice. :palmtree: Bob

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom