EZ ON wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fixed. You know, there was something nagging me at the back of my mind as I typed that, but I didn't listen to it.
FWIW I have seen this abbreviation (ml) used for thickness on wetsuits. Your subconscious was probably just quoting something you had seen done before. I assume it is intended as shorthand for mil (millimeter). I think I have even used it myself.

FWIW I have seen this abbreviation (ml) used for thickness on wetsuits. Your subconscious was probably just quoting something you had seen done before. I assume it is intended as shorthand for mil (millimeter). I think I have even used it myself.

A mil is not an abbreviation for a millimeter. A mil is a thousandth of an inch. I doubt that you have seen this used legitimately as an abbreviation on wetsuits. Years ago, we used to measure wetsuit thickness in inches but even then, it was 1/4" etc.

ml is a measure of milliliters. Unless you are calculating how much pee your wetsuit can hold, it is of no use when measuring neoprene.

A mil is not an abbreviation for a millimeter. A mil is a thousandth of an inch. I doubt that you have seen this used legitimately as an abbreviation on wetsuits. Years ago, we used to measure wetsuit thickness in inches but even then, it was 1/4" etc.

ml is a measure of milliliters. Unless you are calculating how much pee your wetsuit can hold, it is of no use when measuring neoprene.
I am sure you are right. I am probably misremembering myself. Or it was a typo there as well.

It might come in handy to know, depends...

Bob

It might come in handy to know, depends...

Bob

I have one of these custom built into my 7mm wetsuit.

Celadon_urine_bottle_251_CE._Nanjing,_China.jpg

Quite an interesting codpiece.

Bob

Quite an interesting codpiece.
Bob

Actually, the codpiece is a custom Henderson addition which fits perfectly OVER the urinal. The fitting process was most unusual.

While deep 6 doesn’t make a 5mm they do have. 7. They use a soft felt lining on the inside of their suites that makes getting in and out easier. I recently purchased the 3mm which has the same lining. Before purchasing I did try on a few other brands locally that did not have any additional liner like the deep 6. Those were a lot harder to get on and off. The interior material they use is very soft and allows the wetsuit to slide on and off much easier. May help with your shoulder issues. Plus the 7mm has zippers on both the legs and arms. And it’s onsale for the holidays. Hard to best at this price.
7mm Deep 6 Wetsuit

Actually, the codpiece is a custom Henderson addition which fits perfectly OVER the urinal. The fitting process was most unusual.

I assume it was done with your satisfaction in mind.

Bob

Because of knee and shoulder mobility issues, I had wrist and leg zippers installed by Terrapin Wetsuits (Texas) in all of my Bare wetsuits, none of which came stock with zippers. I find the zippers greatly enhance doffing and donning the wetsuits, even with my new 3mm Bare Reactive suit, which was fairly easy to get on/off without zippers. As mentioned by another poster, their 5 and 7mm suits come with ankle and wrist zippers. I can highly recommend Bare wetsuits for quality, fit, and durability.

Back
Top Bottom