Extreme Cave Diving on PBS 2/8 at 8pm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enjoyed the show alot. I wonder who that corpse was ??

Enjoyed the show alot. I wonder who that corpse was ??

This is a quote from Brian Kakuk, one of the dive team members, from CDF:

"The remains of a diver that may end up on film is in a completely different area of Andros. This diver's family had specifically asked that he NOT be recovered as they believed he died doing something that he loved (diving and research). He was not a trained cave diver my any means. Unfortunately, someone recently found his remains and have disturbed them, which is a pitty."

Last edited:
Kinda intrestin but I think I'll give caves a pass.

The part about effects of gas at depth was a real mash up. Implied they were diving air at 260+ fsw
Neat watching them gear up

My favorite part was when the narrator said they were going deeper into the cave but they were swimming in the same direction as the line arrows were pointing.

Never realized those pointy plastic things showed the way in:D

It was also pointed out on cavediver that the Bahamas are in the Atlantic,NOT the Caribbean. Pretty bad for National GEOGRAPHIC to get that wrong

The most dangerous sport in the world,risking death for science,these extreme divers..................:shakehead:

I Emailed Brian Kakuk a while back. The caves look AMAZING but its not exactly cheap. I can pass on his info if you want.

Thanks..I would like that.
I'm no where near ready for diving somewhere like the blue holes yet. I need to become a better friend with me reel first. :shakehead:

Frank Wasson was talking about doing a fall liveaboard trip out to the blue holes this fall.

Regarding the line arrows -- I don't know about the Bahamas, but in MX, you may VERY well be swimming deeper into the cave and swimming with the arrows, because the nearest exit to you is not the way you came in.

I've been in touch with Brian, and he was very pleasant. He does very carefully selected guiding, wants experienced cave divers with good skills, and takes no more than two people at a time. A trip to dive with him is still on my bucket list.

Back
Top Bottom