Extended battery?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajeanie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have both Olympus 5050 and 4040 with Olympus housings, has anyone been able to find an extended battery set up for use underwater? We have the extended battery for dry, but it sure would be nice to have more battery power down under.

If you use 2200 mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries, you should be able to get at least 2 dives with the C4040 and 3 dives with C5050. Usually I change batteries after 2 dives as I will need to download the pictures and change the memory card anyhow.

I use MAHA PowerEx 2200 mAh NiMH batteries for my C5050. Fully charged, I can shoot about 130 RAW pics over 2-3 dives (camera power remained on during the dives continuously, so about 2.5-3 hours). However I don't use internal flash at all since I have hard wired connection to my Ikelite strobe. Have not try to push it much beyond that since I would need to open my housing and change the memory card at that point anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom