Question The Best Small Underwater Scooter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want a scooter that works with one hand; that can pull myself around a wreck and between wrecks. I need one that's reliable to get from one end of a battleship (e.g. HMS Audacious) to the other and back again (about 600m with deviations) within the bottom time limit.
I would also add to your requirements that it can do at least 4-6 such trips on a single charge. If you want to use the DPV on a weekend or several days of diving without the hassle of opening/closing them for charging between dives: this would take too much and become an annoyance, the difference between a single use toy and a serious diving DPV. A pool toy also may not be able to tow you and buddy a distance of 600 meters if his DPV dies, for example. You need extra juice.

Add external charging without opening to requirements too.

What were those dewalt battery powered piranha dpv,s like? I know a couple of guys that had those?
From what I understand it's pretty good. They take four power tool batteries in those.

The main thing is that DeWalt make batteries. Dive Xtras/Suex/Seacraft... all make scooters. Bring those together for serendipity: best of both worlds. And those batteries are massively cheaper than the ones from the manufacturers.

The weight only 2.2kg with battery! Top speed of 2m/s, and a standard battery that lasts up to 60 minutes. There’s even an option for a larger battery that extends the run time to 120 minutes.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences on underwater scooters.

My thoughts are to tell everyone I know this scooter is:

Hello all diver friends,

Have you ever used an underwater scooter that was compact yet powerful? What model was it, and how did it perform during your dives?

Let's get a discussion going about the best options out there. What’s your go-to underwater scooter, and why do you love it?

How about the K5 Underwater Scooter?

The weight only 2.2kg with battery! Top speed of 2m/s, and a standard battery that lasts up to 60 minutes. There’s even an option for a larger battery that extends the run time to 120 minutes.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences on underwater scooters.

you wouldn't...happen to be in the business of selling these, would you?

Considering I have never contemplated scootering from the abyss to the moon, and back
and not going to spend insane money splashing in the ocean there is serious fun in these

191 IMG_0574a.jpg

hey Yuri,

we all know here that you are trying to promote your product.

Let me lay out the MINIMUM specs that anyone here would expect from a recreational scooter. Anything below that would be of no interest.
- it should have enough battery to last a standard recreational dive (1 hours) while pulling a diver at, at least, twice the finning speed.
- it should be rated to dive at 50m.
- it should be made in way that you can attached it to your bcd and steer it with one hand only.

if your company can make such scooter; then i believe there would be a scuba diving market for it. beware that you would be competing vs low end scoot such as the black tip. they have much beefier spec that what is layed out above and cost approx 2000dollars.

That's a pool toy.

A DPV is considerably larger as it has to be powerful and hold large batteries. Much of the stuff from China has magic lumens and magic batteries, i.e. massively overstated.

Dive Xtras Blacktip for example, runs on two DeWalt 18/20 volt 9ah batteries

don't they also have a tendency to implode...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom